Beginners and Beyond

The Equalizer 6, 12, and 24 hour Endurance Runs Oct 26- Crazies and crew needed and welcomed! (Read 182 times)

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Just saw the email, Kristin!  Woot!   Not pulling the trigger just yet. When I do, it will be for the 6 hour. I just won't have the base to do the 12 or 24 this year.  Sad

i was wondering if we should consider looking at a hotel around the airport. I know it would be a little more expensive, but then we'd all have an most a straight shot from meal to hotel to park.

Relentless forward progress

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

That location would be nice! I think I'll need my own room though since my kids are coming with this year. I'll probably still do the 24. I want to make it all the way through! My daughter might sign up too. It depends on how she does at the race next weekend.

MM #8764 / HF #6535 / Double Agent #668

PRs: 5K - 27:43, 10K - 57:14, HM - 2:06:18, FM - 5:22:42

~How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were supposed to be?~

RabbitChaser

I'm still contemplating it. I have a 50K earlier that month. If I don't register, I could probably still come out and crew.

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

Oh, go for it! I'm doing a marathon two weeks before!

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Go for it Eric!  You did more than a 50 k last year and that was a bum shoulder!  Just consider the 50k your last long run and you'll have a 2 week taper. ;D

RabbitChaser

Bumping to Page 1!

I just signed up for a trail marathon on Sept. 14th. If that goes well, I'll have a 50K on October 19th. I haven't signed up yet, but probably will. It will likely be for the 12 hour option, but who knows. Smile

Eric

RabbitChaser

Bumping back to the first page. Smile

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Hey all!  Bummed to report my summer is not going well. I'm really struggling to find a balance between activity and rest with my fibromyalgia. I'll make my final decision in the beginning of October as to whether or not I can do even the 6 hour event.

Eric - Glad you're having a better year!  Go chase those rabbits!

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

*runs*

RabbitChaser

Thanks! It's turning into a good year of running. I have a HM next weekend, marathon the following weekend, potential 50K a month later, then probably the Equalizer Run. Still haven't decided what I want to register for yet, the 12 or 24.

I hope you're at least able to do the 6 hour event.

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Sad to say I'll be a DNS. I just haven't been able to do anything that even approaches training. Do you guys still need/want a crew person/cheerleader?  I could possibly do that.  Undecided

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

Pam, we'll always want more people with us. Please come down if you're able!

RabbitChaser

Sorry to hear about the DNS, Pam, but I agree that the more the merrier. Plus, i'm sure you'd have fun just being there.

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Thanks, guys. Are you staying at the same place? It would be fun if we were all in the same hotel again.

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

Yep! We've been discussing plans on the FB  group. Hop on over and catch up, girl!