Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES are for running! (Read 37 times)

Cyberic

SaturDailies are

NOT for watching the Olympics all day

NOT for complaining about the weather finding excuses

NOT for catching up on work and end up too tired for anything else

No.

SaturDailies are for running.

Cyberic

I'm gonna head out in a few minutes for a shorter long run. Not going to make it to 20 today. Don't think I'll run very fast, either, because snow. I'll see. Maybe I'll find a spot where I can pick up the pace.

And you?

Docket_Rocket

Well, I'm watching the Olympics most if not all day, lol.

I have 8 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Well, I'm watching the Olympics most if not all day, lol.

+1. I could not possibly care less about ski jumping, yet here I am watching it right now.

So things were crazy busy at work yesterday and I never got a chance to check in here. I tried my first anything remotely resembling a workout in 2 months. Going for about 8 with 2 tempo, ended up doing 9/3. I was honestly not sure if I'd even get down to MP, because everything has been molasses-slow lately. Part of my problem is that I still think of anything in the 7's as being kind of fast, but I made the mistake of overachieving in my last marathon, and my MP is now 7:47. First world runner problems. Anyway, ended up doing 7:52, 7:39, 7:31, so was not too unhappy. More or less tempo effort anyway. Overall a good run, warmup miles were at a solid pace, and the whole thing felt pretty smooth. Oh and most importantly, did not seem to aggravate the hamstring. Can't complain, considering how things have been.

Planning 5-6 easy today. After lounging around for a while. Slopestyle snowboarding is next! Whatever that is.

Dave

onemile

But I'm watching the Olympics and it's really cold out and there is so much work to do. And I'm tired.  

Cyberic

Got 18 in. Long run pace effort, but actual pace is slower. Not good snow for running. Like running in mashed potatoes. Effort was there. Got to make the best out of the conditions.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

If you want a break from watching the Olympics, the New Balance Games track meet is being televised on NBCSN from 5-7 PM today. The women's 3000m should be a highlight with both Jenny Simpson and Emma Coburn entered.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

GinnyinPA

Another night spent coughing and blowing my nose. Can you give yourself a heart attack by coughing too hard? Given the way I feel and the drizzle outside, I think I may spend some time on the couch watching the Olympics. Hopefully the endless analysis will send me back to sleep.

LRB

It can be a point of consternation where NBC's coverage is concerned, but I've always enjoyed the backstory on Olympic athletes. More so on the part timers, who have jobs and/or are raising a family without the full support of the Olympic team.

They are everyday people who are out there chasing their dreams. It's something I can relate to and because of it will sometimes find myself rooting for the underdogs. Even those from other countries.

delicate flower

14 miles done on tired legs and no sleep.  I didn't want to run but I am glad I got it done.  I bumped it up from tomorrow because it's going to pour all day.

Got a 3:30 vet appointment for the dog.  She seems to have some kind of hind leg injury.  She was whining, panting, and restless all night, thus no sleep for me the wife.  This dog usually sleeps solid all through the night.  Poor girl.  Sad

<3

LRB

I ran 8 at the park in a blizzard.

My normal 40 minute drive there took an hour, so I am behind schedule for some of the other things I need to do but the stupid thing is done.

sdWhiskers

10 miles in perfect running weather, 58 and overcast. First double digit run since the marathon!

Heading to an indoor playground with inflatable slides and all that jazz. Olympics the rest of the day.

RunningOnSand

14 miles done on tired legs and no sleep.  I didn't want to run but I am glad I got it done.  I bumped it up from tomorrow because it's going to pour all day.

Got a 3:30 vet appointment for the dog.  She seems to have some kind of hind leg injury.  She was whining, panting, and restless all night, thus no sleep for me the wife.  This dog usually sleeps solid all through the night.  Poor girl.  Sad

Sad I'm really sorry. Poor thing. Way to get after the miles, too.

LRB, I'm with you on getting after the underdog. I love watching those stories. 

Ginny, so sorry you're still so sick. Sad

WCR, thanks for the heads up. I'd love to watch that.

Dave: doing a victory dance for your hamstring!

I'm taking a SRD. I think. I may jump on the TM for some bonus miles. Although can you really call them bonus miles if you missed most of your mileage from the week due to sickness? 

Runshortii

My Saturday is for working a 12 hour shift lol. I have 4 to do after work. Should’ve gotten up early this morning and done it but it was snowing and my ankle has been wonky on uneven terrain so I’ll just do it on the TM

no sleep.  

Who are you and what have you done with Baboon?

Sorry about the pooch.

6 miles. It was pretty sucky, but I guess that means I did give myself a workout yesterday.

Dave