Beginners and Beyond

Grant me strength TuesDAILIES (Read 33 times)

LRB

'Sup, yo.

Today would be a great day to do anything but run. And yet, into the darkness I go, where no man with any damn sense would.

Aye.

'Sup, yo?

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

You nailed my mindset LRB.  This seems to be my not feeling it at all week.  Having to start work very early doesn't help.

I ran 3.2 miles.  I was planning on some 400s this morning.  I ran one, it sucked, and I came back up my driveway.  Weaksauce.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates class and 7 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Headed to the pool.  Hope to do 90 minutes before work.

delicate flower

Good morning, my fellow internet users!  I swam this morning...pretty sure I was still sleeping when I entered the water.  I got it done...2400 yards.  I've got a bike ride scheduled this afternoon which will mostly likely be an indoor spin session due to 50 mph winds and fts.

I'll be shackled to my desk at noon today for the clusterfock this is a Disney race registration.  I better get in.  

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I hate this kind of weather!!! Afternoons are warm or hot, demanding shorts and the mornings are chilly and cold where I've got to wear capris!! 

Anyways, Jetta and I ran 5 miles this morning, it was 42 degrees which felt much colder compared to 60 degrees yesterday afternoon. I hope to get in another easy 2 miler this afternoon.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good morning all.

So I went and got a massage last night for my tight hamstring. I did 17 miles on Saturday, and the hamstring was tight enough that my stride and pace were impacted (stupidly, the injured calf is fine now).  I didn't run Sunday or yesterday, but I think the massage was helpful. I'll try running again today or tomorrow and hopefully things will be much better.  If they're not, I'll have to think about pulling out of my 50k this weekend, especially since it's going to be a very muddy affair, so that I don't do any damage to the hamstring. 

I know this is just a little spell of bad health, but I really feel like I'm losing ground on some of my goals.  I suppose this is the time when it's important to think of fitness as an on-going process and not put too much stock in a single training cycle.  That sad, it'd be a heck of a lot nicer to feel healthy and be running my best.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Cyberic

3 x (2 miles w/2 minutes jg) , 8 total before work. Gonna make this new schedule work, ffs!

Cyberic

I know this is just a little spell of bad health, but I really feel like I'm losing ground on some of my goals.  I suppose this is the time when it's important to think of fitness as an on-going process and not put too much stock in a single training cycle.  That sad, it'd be a heck of a lot nicer to feel healthy and be running my best.

Very true.

9 w/5x600m

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Good morning, my fellow internet users!  I swam this morning...pretty sure I was still sleeping when I entered the water.  I got it done...2400 yards.  I've got a bike ride scheduled this afternoon which will mostly likely be an indoor spin session due to 50 mph winds and fts.

I'll be shackled to my desk at noon today for the clusterfock this is a Disney race registration.  I better get in.  

Who knew you cared that much about a daytime race called Wine & Dine with no wine until 12 hours later?  Good luck!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

I know this is just a little spell of bad health, but I really feel like I'm losing ground on some of my goals. 

In my opinion, consistency more than anything is key. I know some people welcome them and do well, but for me, layoffs and lulls in training suck and are sometimes hard to overcome. Hopefully this bad period ends soon for you.

delicate flower

Who knew you cared that much about a daytime race called Wine & Dine with no wine until 12 hours later?  Good luck!

We're going to the 10K/HM "challenge" if we can get in.  Either way, we're still taking the vacation.

<3

Docket_Rocket

We're going to the 10K/HM "challenge" if we can get in.  Either way, we're still taking the vacation.

Awesome!  We are taking a break on Disney races after this Star Wars coming up, but the new Wine & Dine is more to my liking.  Maybe I'll do it next year.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I don't know about strength...but grant me PATIENCE!  I am so NOT patient when waiting for an injury to heal so I can go run again.  It's only been 3 days and I think I'm already driving my poor wife crazy.

Still resting my adductor muscle pull I got from last Saturday's 5K.  It feels much better though, might try an easy and short run tomorrow.

And a nasty bruise appeared on my inner thigh yesterday where the pull is. It looks worse than it is...actually does not hurt or anything.  Maybe the bruise is helping 'seep out' my injury, lol.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt