Beginners and Beyond

On Top of Old Smokey SunDAILIES (Read 244 times)

LRB

WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!       

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up and stay awhile (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

LRB

...all covered with dew,

she wanted to hold hands,

I wanted to scr...

So let's hear yours.

Or a joke.

9 mile LR scheduled for later this morning. BTW, here's the link to my new favorite sweet potatoes recipe. Brought it as a dish to neighborhood Christmas party last night - http://blog.nola.com/dining/2007/11/cooking_new_orleans_style_with_16.html

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

YAYpril - B-Plus

What's Betthoven's favorite fruit?

BANANANAAAA!!!

As for me, heading out for a distance TBD with my running partner. I'm running to her house, we'll run together, and I'll run home. No idea how many she has planned but it's only 1.3 miles to and from her place so it'll be between 8-10 miles for me.

Bozy, that dish sounds amazing.

Hitting the gym today then 3-4 miles later his afternoon. That would be the most miles in a week for me to date.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good Morning Dailies!

LRB - on a different note I was listening to kazoo solos done to classical music by music students in Cambridge University!

AFM - I did 10.3 miles (driving in the car to the gym) yesterday. Now I know THAT doesn't,t count!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Morning, Dailies!

Had an interesting night of sleep on the inflatable bed in the living room last night. Heading out in a bit for a few miles. There's frost on the pupkin in Jacksonville!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I woke up early to run but my body was so sore I decided to finish the whole week as a wash.  So URD.

Having said that, the knee feels OK.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Forgot to mention my wake-up call....

My sister's dog decided that he needed to join me on the bed/matress thing, so he jumped up on it and started wimpering at me. He was more than happy to see me for some silly reason. I wasn't entirely pleased, but not displeased either.

D - glad that the knee is feeling OK.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Shakedown Street

Good morning...getting the coffee flowing, had xmas meal yesterday at in-laws...ugh, doing 7 mile progressing into 2 miles fast on a very overcast, humid, blah day.

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

Robert31320

Team TJ

Morning LRB, bozydeco, April, Sparker, Gustav, Tom, Docket, and jneil.

I slept in this morning, first day without an alarm in 17 days.  Planning to run later today when it warms up some.  Frost on the ground this morning just didn't appeal to me.

D, glad to read the knee is not so bad.

Will report back later with miles.

Running for TJ because he can't.

@runjerseygirl

Good morning everyone!  It was cold and windy as hell this morning, so I decided to take to the hamster wheel.  7 miles in 1:18(ish).  Interestingly enough, I found out the hard way that the treadmill only allows 60 minutes at a time, so I had to restart after an hour.  And I was surprised to realize I wasn't as miserable on the treadmill as I thought I would be.  I had Rhianna to keep me company, LOL!  And I'm sure I looked like a freak walking into the bagel shop afterwards wearing nothing but a tank top and running shorts in 30 degree weather.

8 miles next Sunday!

Do you even run?

@runjerseygirl

Just realized that this morning's run brought me to over 20 MPW for the second time.  I'm hoping this is a new trend. Smile

Do you even run?

delicate flower

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!  Whatcha say there, Potsie!?  Family Christmas gathering at MOM'S house today.  I might try to squeeze a run in when I get home tonight, or maybe not.  Yesterday afternoon was 7 easy miles in DAYLIGHT.  It was nice to run sans lights for a change.

Slept 10 hours last night.  MMmmmmm....sleep.....

<3

Docket_Rocket

Nice!

Just realized that this morning's run brought me to over 20 MPW for the second time.  I'm hoping this is a new trend. Smile

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page