Beginners and Beyond

On Top of Old Smokey SunDAILIES (Read 244 times)

Jeepofspades

Resting! There is a small chance the TM will convince me to do a few miles. Hoping I don't break cause I could use the rest.

runmomto3boys

Bozy: I hope that 9 miler goes well today!  That recipe looks DELISH!  Yum!

April: Have a great run with your RP today!

Sparker: Enjoy the 3-4 and congrats on your PB week!  WOOT!

Tom: Uh, oh....what's the story w/the inflatable bed?!?!?!  Spill it!

Docket: Enjoy the RD.  I'm glad the knee is a bit better.

Kay: Great job on the miles this week!

Good morning, guys. LR for me today: hoping for 18-20, but my knee will dictate how far/if I have to run a double to get it the miles in. I am not going to go out until late morning so it warms up a hair.

Jess runs for bacon

I don't know any good jokes, sigh.

I usually do my LRs on Saturdays, but woke up again with some pretty strong IT pain yesterday. I was hoping to run my 12 this morning, but when I got on the TM everything was pretty stiff. Found a nice little spot with my foam roller and hoping to try again this afternoon.

LRB

I just spent an hour of my life that I will never get back watching two yoga DVD's.  I swear if there is a more dull activity, I have not seen it.

As it is, I am in the process of putting together a strength/stretching routine that actually interests me.  I haven't completely ruled it out, but I don't think yoga is for me.  I will know for sure in a couple of weeks when I attend my first class, and I will keep an open mind until then.

I'm about to head out for a short Sunday trot, where the wind chill is a cool 17 degrees.  To a bird who is flying again after having a busted wing repaired however, the temperature is completely irrelevant!

@runjerseygirl

LRB, yoga is supposed to be relaxing, not entertaining, LOL!  But no, it's not for everyone.

Do you even run?

Hey Kay, I'm right there with you.........this will be my 2nd 20 mile week as well......hoping the Midwest weather will cooperate and we have a mild winter so I can continue the trend!

Great job, keep it up!

Just realized that this morning's run brought me to over 20 MPW for the second time.  I'm hoping this is a new trend. Smile

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

LRB

I don't know any good jokes, sigh.

I was going to give a few bucks to a homeless guy, but his sign read "One day it could be you".  So I kept my money, just in case he is right.

YAYpril - B-Plus

10.5 done. For those keeping track, I'm sitting at 979.6/1,000 miles for 2012.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Tom: Uh, oh....what's the story w/the inflatable bed?!?!?!  Spill it!

No story, really, Too many people, not enough beds. I volunteered since it's away from everyone else, and next to the Christmas tree (where all the toys are). Plus, believe it or not, I'm the youngest one here. We're all borderline geezers and above!

6.2 miles today, 9:05 overall pace with negative splits the first 4 miles, held my speed on mile 5, backed off a bit on mile 6, then semi-sprinted on the last 0.1 miles at about 7:15 pace. It was a good run. I've felt a bit lethargic lately, so it was nice to be able to run fairly quickly without wearing myself out.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

LRB

3.41 miles

8:55 pace

Housecleaning and gift wrapping for me today.  I will fit in 3-5 some time later today.

Kay and Sparker great job on the 20 mpw milestone.

Lilac - I can't tell a joke to save my life!  I either can't remember the punchline or that is all I can remember and I can't remember the lead in.

Tom - there could be worse things than being woken up by a doggie who is happy to see you.  Big grin  Hope the bed was somewhat comfortable.  Us younger siblings always get the short end of the stick.

D - glad the knee is  better but it is probably a good idea to rest it.

Have a good day everyone.

You can call me Anna

@runjerseygirl

Fantastic!  I think you're officially back. Smile

3.41 miles

8:55 pace

Do you even run?

Will run for scenery.

Q: What's Irish and stays out in the rain ?                                                    

A: Patty O'Furniture!

Anybody notice how long the days are getting !  Me neither, but it's nice just thinking about it.

Woke up feeling pretty wiped out from yesterday's hike/run. I guess that's good.  But I'm takin' a rest day.  Prolly a good idea anyway, as I've gone 6 days out of 7 for the first time in ages.

Pie fans : I decided on my Christmas pie recipe - butternut squash with pears.

And now I get to mooch a ride across town and see if I can get my stupid car to start.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

LRB

Fantastic!  I think you're officially back. Smile

I will share that sentiment when a 1 appears in front of that 3, but later for that.  Right now it's time to stretch my ass piriformis.

Big grin

@runjerseygirl

Don't be too hard on yourself.  We all have to (re)start somewhere.

I will share that sentiment when a 1 appears in front of that 3, but later for that.  Right now it's time to stretch my ass piriformis.

Big grin

Do you even run?