Beginners and Beyond

On Top of Old Smokey SunDAILIES (Read 244 times)

LRB

D, you were right in that I need to loosen up.  What you call yoga, I call stretching.

I am not right and you are not wrong.

Big grin

Docket_Rocket

Pffttt, of course I'm not wrong. Sheesh!

D, you were right in that I need to loosen up.  What you call yoga, I call stretching.

I am not right and you are not wrong.

Big grin

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

I decided to change my weight training schedule to Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for this week. So, just ab work remains today. My long run will be done either tomonight evening after work, Tuesday morning before work, or Tuesday evening after work.

Pinktastic

So.....   I turned 45 today.   I wanted to make the occasion special, but I knew I didn't have a base to run 1 mile per year or anything like that.   I ran 16.06 yesterday afternoon and toward the end of the run, I decided that if I could run 10.25 more this morning, then I would have run the same number of miles as are in a marathon.  In my mind, I had 24 hours to complete my mission.  (I completely realize that breaking the running up into 2 segments is nowhere near what a real marathon is like, but it was the total mileage that interested me).   I played 2 hockey games last night and we were short handed in both so when I got home from the rink at 10:30 last night my plan for this morning wasn't looking too good.   But, I hauled my a$$ out of bed and dragged myself out for a run, and I made it through the necessary 10.25 before my 24 deadline was over!!  <insert dancing banana>

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

LRB

Happy 154th Pink!  I'll be joining you next spring.

Big grin

Docket_Rocket

Happy Birthday!

So.....   I turned 45 today.   I wanted to make the occasion special, but I knew I didn't have a base to run 1 mile per year or anything like that.   I ran 16.06 yesterday afternoon and toward the end of the run, I decided that if I could run 10.25 more this morning, then I would have run the same number of miles as are in a marathon.  In my mind, I had 24 hours to complete my mission.  (I completely realize that breaking the running up into 2 segments is nowhere near what a real marathon is like, but it was the total mileage that interested me).   I played 2 hockey games last night and we were short handed in both so when I got home from the rink at 10:30 last night my plan for this morning wasn't looking too good.   But, I hauled my a$$ out of bed and dragged myself out for a run, and I made it through the necessary 10.25 before my 24 deadline was over!!  <insert dancing banana>

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

B-Plus

Pink - Happy birthday. What a great way to celebrate.

I just got back from 5.6 @ 9:01 and 73.2 miles for the week. Time to celebrate.

runmomto3boys

I'm so happy for you, LRB!  I'm doing those as a preventative measure - can't hurt, might help.  I'm glad you are making progress and able to get out and run again.  YAY!

Pink: Happy birthday to an incredible lady!  I always look forward to your posts/your positivity!  Enjoy your day!

Rough day for me; my fibular head on my knee is bugging me. I had to bag my LR and only got in 3.5 for the day The PT says that taping it / running slower should help and that it'll likely resolve w/in a couple of weeks. Today sucked. I'm drowning my sorrows in a Shock Top or three.   I haven't had to take any time off running since March and this month as been ridiculous. I feel like the excuse train. Voluntary week off/break + flu 2 weeks ago, cold 1 week ago, knee this weekend my first week of training....when it rains....  

Anyway, I'm taking tomorrow off b/c it's an easy day anyway and HOPING that I can run normally the remainder of the week. 

Docket_Rocket

You know what I think, Heidi.  REST and get it to 100%.  You won't lose much fitness but if you continue to run with colds and knee issues, your break might be longer if you wait.  I know it sucks (trust me, I know).  Hugs.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LRB

You know what I think, Heidi.  REST and get it to 100%.  You won't lose much fitness but if you continue to run with colds and knee issues, your break might be longer if you wait.  I know it sucks (trust me, I know).  Hugs.

Hugs is right.  I went through it and either way it sucks.

It's a tough call for sure, but whatever you decide, we're with you Heidi.  Hope everything works out!

runmomto3boys

Thanks, guys.  Lots of complaining from me as of late, not enough running!  Big grin  I'll test it out on Tuesday.

LRB: I don't like the over the top/slow as molasses get in touch with your chi/whatever yoga.  I do like the vinyasa stuff a bit more - it's faster and not as over the top.  Maybe look into that?  That hip opener link I sent you awhile back is tolerable...

LRB

LRB: I don't like the over the top/slow as molasses get in touch with your chi/whatever yoga...

That's what I'm sayin'!  Look at the moon, reach for the stars, find you inner Venus, imagine your ass is
                          Saturn, breathe through the oceans of Atlantis, listen for the creaks in the wall...WTF?!

I never got a link that I remember BTW.

B-Plus

RMTB - I'm sorry to hear all the issues you're having. I hope your knee will be fine soon. That's so frustrating.

I'm going to have beer again tonight. Maybe some sissy-ass strawberry stuff I found the other day.

delicate flower

Rough day for me; my fibular head on my knee is bugging me. I had to bag my LR and only got in 3.5 for the day The PT says that taping it / running slower should help and that it'll likely resolve w/in a couple of weeks. Today sucked. I'm drowning my sorrows in a Shock Top or three.   I haven't had to take any time off running since March and this month as been ridiculous. I feel like the excuse train. Voluntary week off/break + flu 2 weeks ago, cold 1 week ago, knee this weekend my first week of training....when it rains....  

Anyway, I'm taking tomorrow off b/c it's an easy day anyway and HOPING that I can run normally the remainder of the week. 

Well that sucks.  Sad  Hopefully it'll get better quickly.

Good day at mom's house today.  We nailed it with the gifts we handed out this year.  Our reign as "Favorite Aunt and Uncle" continues.  I'm so happy we can buy their love.  Smile   I scored two massages and another runningwarehouse gift card.  w00t!

I went for a 7 mile run when I got home.  Way too much food in my stomach still and shakeout pace/ effort was all I was willing to put in.

Work tomorrow.  Someone's gotta pay all those employees.

<3

runmomto3boys

That's what I'm sayin'!  Look at the moon, reach for the stars, find you inner Venus, imagine your ass is
                                Saturn, breathe through the oceans of Atlantis, listen for the creaks in the wall...WTF?!

I never got a link that I remember BTW.

I just e-mailed it to you!

Phil: Thanks!  I hope work isn't too crazy!

B-Plus: Thanks!