Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES QOTD (Read 53 times)

LRB

If the word that describes what you do for living appears in your job title, shouldn't you be able to do it? You know like; short order cook, singer, police officer, teacher, bus driver FFS.

LRB

Hi.

I ran 7. It wasn't the best run in the world but not as much stuff hurt as has been. Still got a long way to go though...

What's up with you?

Little Blue

Did you get hit by a bus on your run?

I'll go out for a few this morning.  That'll be it for several very busy days.  Tomorrow I drive to WVa for the Marshall HM on Sunday (walking with my friend.)  Then I shower, hop back in the car and drive 6-7 hours to Washington DC.  DH's uncle is being buried at Arlington on Monday, with full military honors.  Should be an experience.

Then on Tuesday I drive home.  I'll be getting lots and lots of miles, just none of it on foot!!

From the Internet.

If the word that describes what you do for living appears in your job title, shouldn't you be able to do it? You know like; short order cook, singer, police officer, teacher, bus driver FFS.

OMG yes. Graduate student - let me graduate already dammit!! So close now, though!

4 miles easy, with my fancy new headlamp Big grin It's awesome, A+ would buy again (but hopefully won't have to for quite a long time). I got scared by a white rock on one of my normal running routes - thought it was a huge dog for a split second but nope, just a rock that I don't normally see when it's dark out!

happylily

You have one last week to go, LRB, make sure you rest well and visualize your dream race as often as you can. It will help you mentally on race day.

I have 15 miles tonight but I'm not sure I'll be up to it. Today is Halloween at daycare and I may be a little tired by the end of the day. Btw, I decided to dress up as an angel. My dress is black and so are my wings, so I guess that makes me a fallen angel.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

delicate flower

No, you just need to convince a hiring manager that you can.  

Good morning, fellow internet users.  I dragged my butt out of bed at 5:00 this morning for my easy run.  Today was one of those runs where I was a half mile in and thinking "This is bullshit."  I got it done though and am happy I did.  It was a nice morning for a run as these things go...mid 40's and clear, starry skies.   Swim on the post-work schedule.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have a short run tonight and Pilates before that.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

8.7 under clear starry skies in the crispy air.  It was pretty sweet.

And yes, bus drivers should be able to drive. Sounds like LRB had a moment of concern this morning.

Everyone have a kickass day!

Runner with a riding problem.

LRB

Sounds like LRB had a moment of concern this morning.

Actually, I never budged from my perch (I was standing at the corner waiting on the light to turn red) because experience has taught me to know better. So when the bus came flying up the street like a bat outta hell, I had a pretty good idea the driver was gonna blow through the light that was now red, and they did!

8 miles in a chilly, windy rain. I have a feeling that's what I'll be running in for the next 6 months. But it was pretty nice. And sure beats a blizzard. Or the treadmill.

Dave

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!!

Sooo, haven't run all week, running a 5k tomorrow, should be interesting, legs might be a lil stale. lol

Not much work getting done today, almost everyone here is in costume, the parade and costume judging starts in an hour, then lunch.  I love working here. Smile

So apparently both my wife and my coworker don't know how to wait for the camera to focus before taking a picture LOL

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Docket_Rocket

Sweet costume.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Mmmmm...beer

Sweet costume.

Thanks!  It was fun making the belt, holsters and sword carrier, apparently I'm pretty handy with a hot glue gun. lol

Someone commented that they could never wear a spandex suit in public, I said, "I'm a runner, I have no modesty" lol

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

cjones1

So, I haven't run in a week.  My legs feel good.  I have fallen in love with sleep again. Smile

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

LRB

But it was pretty nice. And sure beats a blizzard...

Amen brother, you have escaped bondage. May those of us left behind remain strong in the face of the task master's whip.