Beginners and Beyond

The Fashionably Late TUESDAILIES (Read 49 times)

I finally felt OK enough to exercise this morning. I served 51:02 on the TM:

0:00-35:00 at 6.6mph (9:05)
    35:00-44:00 at 6.7mph (8:57)
    44:00-50:00 at 6.8mph (8:49)
    50:00-51:02 at 4.1mph (14:37)

My average pace was 8:56Smile

And...it was completely uncaffeinated. Huh?!?!?

Little Blue

Gooooooood Morrrrrrrrrrrrrrrning Tues-Daiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilies!!  (channeling my inner Robin Williams )

I was gone to Va Beach for the Shamrock HM, and the wifi at the hotel was woefully pitiful.  Quick catch up:

Baboon, Cy, D2, Mr and Mrs Docket (apologies to anyone I missed):  Congrats on the racing!  Old PRs are dropping like flies around here!

LRB:  Keep rocking those manpris.  Nothing wrong with that!!

Basya and Scotty:  Hope you're feeling better!

URD for me.  I am going to the courthouse to do an urgent errand for a good friend.  Almost literally a life and death issue.  Then I have to go to work.

Have a great day, everybody!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Tuesdays is usually Hill Day but after mowing my lawn after work yesterday evening and then doing my neighbor's lawn too, I think today will just be a Clairol Day (nice-and-easy ).  Probably go do some soft-dirt natural trails at a local park and enjoy the beautiful San Antonio weather today - sunny and 81 degrees. My kinda weather!  The local forecast for my area this week....sweet!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

delicate flower

Good morning and Happy Tuesday!  Do you hear that?  That is the sound of COFFEE TIME!

I went to the pool early this morning for a short swim.  30 minutes of swimming and resting.  Today's run schedule calls for an hour, which I'll do after work.  Yesterday was pretty windy and I strongly considered hiding out on a treadmill, but I decided to brave the outdoors.  The wind turned out to be a non-issue.  My legs felt pretty good.

Heavy rain and temps pushing 60 later this week.  YES, melt that snow!  

<3

LRB

Hi.

I ran at the track this morning. It was cold, dark and I completely stunk up the joint.

Other than that, life is great.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 8 miles tonight.

Basya, nice job on the run.

Little Blue, good luck in Court.

Scotty, those temps are even chilly.

Baboon, nice swim.

LRB, nice track workout.

Damaris

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

11 miles with 6 at slightly faster than mp is the goal but we will see what i actually have in me. Tired.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Morning everybody,  congrats to all with awesome new PRs under their belts Smile

Rocky and I hit the roads this morning for 6.2 miles and then I hit the gym for 50 minutes of shoulders and delts.

I think 6 miles will have to be my limit on weekday mornings, anything longer will be cut in half and the other portion ran in the afternoon/evening with Dorian and Rocky.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

I skipped my recovery run yesterday in favor of a recovery walk (I feel fine, DW wanted me to walk with her, so I did Smile ).  I'll do some easy miles this afternoon.

Weather looks great Scotty!  It's a lil cool here right now, looking forward to getting down to SC this weekend!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

happylily

Lori, you're tackling a very tough plan. It's normal to be tired. But I know you have it in you. What is your peak like?

So I did not do my second run last night, I only ran 4 miles for the day. I'll run something tonight, not sure what, but I'll try to make it longer. I also started the push up challenge this morning, after realizing last night that my XS size arm warmers are no longer fitting my arms. They don't stay up.  My arms are a joke. So Week 1, day 1 done; a pitiful set of 10-12-7-7 and 20 push ups.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Half Crazy K 2.0

WTF do people make in the office microwave? How do you not notice your food leaked everywhere or blew up? Fun morning, cleaning up after adults.

Run later today. Probably around 5 miles.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Lori, you're tackling a very tough plan. It's normal to be tired. But I know you have it in you. What is your peak like?

So I did not do my second run last night, I only ran 4 miles for the day. I'll run something tonight, not sure what, but I'll try to make it longer. I also started the push up challenge this morning, after realizing last night that my XS size arm warmers are no longer fitting my arms. They don't stay up.  My arms are a joke. So Week 1, day 1 done; a pitiful set of 10-12-7-7 and 20 push ups.

Youth sized tube socks w toes cut off!

Wink

From the Internet.

Yesterday: 4.75 miles on the TM immediately followed by squats 3x5 at 115lbs plus warmup sets, overhead press 3x5 at 50 lbs with one warmup set at 45. Today: 7.1 miles with 3x1 mile ~10k pace, 8:07, 8:04, 7:58. My legs are TIIIIIIRED! Going to spend the rest of the day ESU and rolling my legs. I keep a golf ball at my desk and bring my travel Stick back and forth from home, my colleagues no longer question my weird runner rituals :P

LRB

Youth sized tube socks w toes cut off!

Wink

In the spirit of today's dailies title, she's much too fashionable for that.

Zelanie

I keep a golf ball at my desk and bring my travel Stick back and forth from home, my colleagues no longer question my weird runner rituals :P

I spent most of yesterday trying to roll out an angry butt muscle. The family knows that this is just standard practice.  I think I mostly got it- now it's sore, but not stiff.

Tonight I have 6 x 800 at the track.

Basya- Nice run!

Little Blue- Did you have a good race?  Hope court goes well.

Scotty- I'll take that forecast!

Phil- One day recovery after a PR HM with hills, and you're ready to go again.  

LRB- It happens.  Nothing more to do than move on.

D- Morning!

Bertha- Sounds like the Hansons are doing their job.

FS- Have a good day!

D2- You're not also going off the grid when you move down to SC, are you?

Lily- Glad you got some recovery miles in.  Now that my treadmill is no longer new, I also fight the same "I can run those miles any time" battle.  The hardest thing is just to get started.

Half Crazy- Work microwaves are the worst.  Except that I do need to clean the home one today. 

Sly- Morning!