Beginners and Beyond

Back at it MonDAILIES (Read 33 times)

Morning Everyone.

Was able to go out for a short 2mi test run this am. Didn't feel too bad...a little tightness but thats about it. Hoping I'm safe to slowly return to training. Will definitely run another short one tomorrow. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Whats everyone got going on?

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I have 5 and weights tonight.  I've been at the office for an hour now.  I already want to leave.  LOL.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode 25 slow miles.  My ass was dragging so badly, I wore the padding out of my shorts.  Let's go to work.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Nice to hear you're back on the road, Jay.

DR - That's pretty early to be in the office.  When I'm working before 7 it's from my home office.  Have a good run later.

PR - Sounds like a Monday ride.

I ran six today with very heavy legs.  It was probably the slowest six I've run in a while. My pacing, my cadence, and even my heart rate were inconsistent over the course of the run.  But, that will happen and on balance I've had far more good runs than bad, so throwing in one like this every so often isn't the end of the world.

The weather's been in a real rut here.  10 of my last 12 runs have been in temperatures in a narrow range between 70 and 74 with high humidity.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
          10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: RunAPalooza (Asbury Park) HM, 4/6; Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27

Docket_Rocket

I wish I could work from my home more than once a week.  I had 65 hours of work two weeks ago and that was with one day off.  I have not counted last week but they will be more.  Hoping the new case starts behaving soon.  Unlikely.

PS, this is why I don't like new cases.  And the press part is worse.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

'Morning!  lmfao 

Great news, Jay!  Fingers are crossed for you.

I swam 2600 yards before work.  That's about as sluggish as I've ever felt during a swim.  My arms felt like they were 50 pounds each.  I was in it mentally though so I had no problem getting through the workout despite being tired and slow.  Easy run later.  These next five weeks will be work.  Peak Ironman training.

<3

onemile

I ran 10 with 6x1mile, 2 min recoveries

Cyberic

Ran about 10.5 . Was just meh.

Fred, having a sucky easy run is better than having a sucky SoS run!

Jay, that's cool. Hopefully, things will get better from here.

Onemile, great Monday morning workout!

onemile

Onemile, great Monday morning workout!

it actually feels really good having one of my 2 hard workouts for the week done before 8am on Monday. 

Cyberic

it actually feels really good having one of my 2 hard workouts for the week done before 8am on Monday. 

You can do that when you run your LR on Saturday like you did.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good morning! Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

I got through a couple of weekend runs, one 8 mile that was a little faster, and then just 4 miles late last night after being out all day.

Hoping to get through something like 8-10 miles tonight. There's also a 5 minute mountain legs video that I'm going to try and do 3 times a week up until my race, so I'll give that a go tonight as well.

Jay...man, hope you're through it and that you can get back to training.

Docket...Going home early? I'm in! Have a good run later

Pleasant...dragging ass keep you from your regular 40? At least you got out and got your ride in.

Fred...Yep, lots of bad runs in a training cycle too, but just getting through them is a different kind of benefit. I never understand why people get so worked up over bad runs. We all have them, and the only thing to do is move on to the next one. Obviously if it's a whole long string of bad runs that's something to look at, but I try not to worry too much about individual runs (good or bad).

Baboon...Time to knuckle down! I'm sure you'll get through it.

Onemile...Hope the mile repeats treated you well. Is your screen name in reference to liking those, or is that a favorite race distance?

Cyberic...glad the Meh miles are done.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

sdWhiskers

7 miles this morning. Legs are tired but finally running easy at an easy HR. I think it was a little less humid out there?

Now to get 5 days of work done in the next 8 hours. My laptop has been wonky lately so no guarantee that I'll be able to get much done while traveling this week.

sdWhiskers

Yes! That's also how I feel when I do my LR on Saturday morning early.

onemile

Yes! That's also how I feel when I do my LR on Saturday morning early.

Yes! I am totally digging the Saturday / Monday thing.  I had Addie move my LR to Saturdays so I can run with the group.

onemile

Onemile...Hope the mile repeats treated you well. Is your screen name in reference to liking those, or is that a favorite race distance?.

on RWOL it was onemileatatime. I just shortened it when we moved here.

but mile repeats are a workout I don't mind (as long as they aren't supposed to be at 5k pace!)