Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #261 (Read 27 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Just to get things started before some west coast runners thinks we're all sleeping in and taking it easy.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

^ Thank you. 

Streak day 6 for me. AQI continues to steadily drop however, down to 176 now. Once it gets below 150, I’m back out there. Maybe tomorrow?

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Morning! I have 6 with 2 @ HMP tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

2, it felt like i hadn’t run in five years...even my shoes felt funny when I put them on.   Warmup was pressure washing parts of the house.   Cool down myrtl plus a bunch of other stretches... I hate exercising but gotta try being adolt

delicate flower

I may or may not have hit 2000 miles for the year with my 7.5 miler this morning, depending on if I use RA data or Strava data.  I am inclined to think my RA data is missing a run.  In any case, I am three months ahead of last year.

<3

I may or may not have hit 2000 miles for the year with my 7.5 miler this morning, depending on if I use RA data or Strava data.  I am inclined to think my RA data is missing a run.  In any case, I am three months ahead of last year.

Nice!!

I wonder if there’s a run missing from RA from back when Garmin was down and we had to load shit manually.

Dave

delicate flower

Nice!!

I wonder if there’s a run missing from RA from back when Garmin was down and we had to load shit manually.

Possibly. and we know that a couple of times the RA Garmin connector had some issues.  If I could dump both sets of data into an Excel file, that'd make it easy to find the discrepancy.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

I find Strava tends to be generous with my distance, in some cases it is about .1 more than Garmin, even on short runs of 4 miles or so. If your does that, I can see those .1 differences adding up on Strava since you are approaching 2000.

Possibly. and we know that a couple of times the RA Garmin connector had some issues.  If I could dump both sets of data into an Excel file, that'd make it easy to find the discrepancy.

Yeah that’s exactly what I’d want to do. Not so much if the discrepancy were the other way—RA is my log of record. Pretty sure there are ways to get the data out of RA; Strava probably not.

Dave

I find Strava tends to be generous with my distance, in some cases it is about .1 more than Garmin, even on short runs of 4 miles or so. If your does that, I can see those .1 differences adding up on Strava since you are approaching 2000.

Funny, my Strava most often ends up 0.01 miles shorter. I even run to x.01 on my watch to avoid x.99 on Strava. Unless I manually do the “adjust distance”—then it varies. Anyway I think a difference of 7.5 sounds like more than what he’d see for this.

Dave

sdWhiskers

6 miles. AQI is 110-120 here. Sky is the bluest it's been in over a week.

Mid-shower when DS needed IT help with online school . This is the third week and it's going surprisingly well. Our county is on the verge of closing things down again (local college with giant outbreak has screwed our numbers) which means all the in person schools would close again next week. Really happy just to have my kid home, especially since it's going fine. In the Spring there was a lot of "I don't know how to do this, help!" from him but they've structured things in a way that none of my help is needed, aside from occasional log in issues.

sdWhiskers

Funny, my Strava most often ends up 0.01 miles shorter. I even run to x.01 on my watch to avoid x.99 on Strava. Unless I manually do the “adjust distance”—then it varies. Anyway I think a difference of 7.5 sounds like more than what he’d see for this.

I include hikes/walks in Strava but not RA so sometimes one of those gets labeled as a run. That's usually where my discrepancies come from.

LRB

This is unacceptable. Your RA log should be thee most updated and accurate of all of your half dozen logs.

onemile

sometimes if someone tags you in an activity on strava it gets added twice

I include hikes/walks in Strava but not RA so sometimes one of those gets labeled as a run. That's usually where my discrepancies come from.

Most likely discrepancy for me would be from treadmilling, because I’d load manually into RA and not into Strava. But I very rarely treadmill. Have not done any in 2020. 

Dave