Beginners and Beyond

The Last Jedi FriDAILIES (Read 34 times)

RunningOnSand

My apologies to any of you non-Star Wars fans (what???! How can there be?!).

Not enough sleep. Slurping some coffee. About to get on a TM run, and then I'm off to go see Star Wars!

Docket_Rocket

Enjoy it!  I loved it!

I have 5 miles tonight with OTF, if I make it there in time.  I expected us to be able to leave one hour early but fuck us, nope.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

breadnatty08

Have yet to see Star Wars.  Didn't see the last one but saw TFA so interested in this one.  We'll see if we get around to getting to the theaters soon.

12.3mi for me this morning, mix of road and trails.  My headlamp sure is getting a workout this time of year!

Find me on Strava

delicate flower

Happy Friday and Merry Christmas Eve Eve Eve!  I wish traffic volume every day was like the Friday before Christmas.  Smooth sailing!

2800 yard swim done before work.  I swam every morning this week and my upper body is feeling it.  Easy spin tonight.  My bum leg is feeling better and I could run on it now, but I am not going to.

and then I'm off to go see Star Wars!

OMG it is about damn time.  You're like the last person to finally see it.

<3

Cyberic

Run commute again, just to keep the fitness from dropping too low during this stupid cold of mine. Speaking of cold, the outside temps are still pretty low this morning, 5* F. My face was red when I got to work. Thankful for my beard this time of year.

Cold is getting better, I think. Or at least the throat ache is. Still there, but moving in the right direction. I'm also less tired than I was a few days ago.

Might register for a fall marathon at lunch time. Registration opens at noon, and will fill pretty fast, so I have a few hours to decide if I wanna do it. Pretty expensive marathon, as far as local marathons go, but it's a race many people wanna do and not that many spots are open.

Last day of work before 2 weeks paid vacation!

oldfartrunner

Morning Runners,

Thinking 8/5 today, maybe some Tempo pace if everything is a "go"?

ROS: No apology needed.  Ain't this the last, last, Jedi?

Baboon: Nice to hear the leg is better.

Bread:

bluerun

Super B****

The RW What to Wear calculator failed me; way too hot!!  But maybe that's because I set a couple of world records.  (Garmin recorded 6.6, Strava said 6.5, I corrected it and Strava turned into 6.4 but with a 2:11 and 3:05 mile.  I can see that the GPS went insane -- it just hops from one spot in a straight line to another one about a mile away -- but it did that twice, and only one of those jumps matches when these supposedly fast miles happened, so... I guess I'll leave it at 6.5.)

I am not a Star Wars fan.  I have never seen a single one, and have less than zero desire to do so!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

oldfartrunner

The RW What to Wear calculator failed me; way too hot!!  But maybe that's because I set a couple of world records.  (Garmin recorded 6.6, Strava said 6.5, I corrected it and Strava turned into 6.4 but with a 2:11 and 3:05 mile.  I can see that the GPS went insane -- it just hops from one spot in a straight line to another one about a mile away -- but it did that twice, and only one of those jumps matches when these supposedly fast miles happened, so... I guess I'll leave it at 6.5.)

I am not a Star Wars fan.  I have never seen a single one, and have less than zero desire to do so!

Knuckles and high five Blue!   I saw a few back in the day-cause movies were rare back then,  but same old, same old anymore.

LRB

I loved Star Wars as a kid, I saw all three. I didn't watch any of the re-mastered, enhanced versions during the 90s, nor any of the prequels that followed. I hadn't realized all of the originals were renamed so I fell out of the loop I guess. I saw The Force Awakens and didn't make it to the end. I'm sure the franchise doesn't miss me as a fan.

LRB

Dude, LRB, me too with "I can't warm up."  I've been freezing for the past 3 days, and despite turning up the shower to that temp where it makes your skin look like you lit it on fire, I still can't get warm.

It was much better today. I suppose I could just wear a jacket and solve that whole thing, but I enjoy the freedom of running in the bare minimum.

And on that front, I ran 8 this morning. I wasn't feeling it when the clock struck 5:20, but I wasn't about to let last night's 3 pints of beer and deep dish pizza the size of a cutting board expand around my waist. Nope.

bluerun

Super B****

How's this for a horror story: I have to go to the post office.  TODAY.

chasing the impossible

Cyberic

I suppose I could just wear a jacket and solve that whole thing, but I enjoy the freedom of running in the bare minimum.

You prefer freezing your ass off than wearing a proper jacket?

delicate flower

I am letting my staff leave work at 2:00 today (normally hours are 4:30).  On the surface it seems like a cool boss thing to do, but really if I let them leave early there is no need for me to be here.  

<3

Docket_Rocket

How's this for a horror story: I have to go to the post office.  TODAY.

I went on Monday and there were 20 people in line, I can't imagine today.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

I went on Monday and there were 20 people in line, I can't imagine today.

Mondays are always awful.  There is NO LINE today. I’m stunned.

chasing the impossible