Beginners and Beyond

Recovery Sundailies (Read 32 times)

delicate flower

Of course for some you folks, "recovery" means a 12 mile run.  I need to get off my butt and go run but I am achy and procrastinating, so here I am posting on the internet instead.  Wife is out for a long bike ride with a few others and we'll all meet up for EAT after.  It is another windy day, of course.

Good morning!

<3

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran another 4 this morning, which gets me to 30 for the week.  I am not complaining.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

No more marathons

Some random thoughts on the day after a HM.

1.  I. Hurt.

2.  Well, not so much hurt - ache.

3.  And only for about the first ten or so steps after initial movement.

4.  Unless it's up or down steps - then it hurts/aches

5.  Finishing strong is so much more fun than struggling to finish.

6.  I wonder what I could run a HM in if I actually trained for a HM?

7.  No - don't go there.  See #5 above.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

LRB

Some random thoughts on the day after a HM.

1.  I. Hurt.

2.  Well, not so much hurt - ache.

3.  And only for about the first ten or so steps after initial movement.

4.  Unless it's up or down steps - then it hurts/aches

6.  I wonder what I could run a HM in if I actually trained for a HM?

7.  No - don't go there.  See #5 above.

Well, with the training you've put in this spring and the timing of your goal events this summer, you could very well put a fall half marathon on the calendar and parlay your fitness into an absolute PhatOldMan PR. 

Cyberic

12.8 in the rain, 59.9 miles for the week. This was week 1 of taper. 2 weeks to go.

+a billion.

I suppose I feel a little sore, but within the margin of error of the level of soreness I feel every day of my life. Still thinking 8-10. Probably no point in doing anything longer at what will likely end up at a recovery pace.

A good day for me yesterday. Based on the negative split and long course, I think I had sub a sub-1:34 in me. Maybe someday I'll actually train properly for a half as a goal race. Would be nice to turn around and do another, but I don't see one in the cards till September. Anyway, I'll happily take what I got. If I am just viewing this as a fitness test, I give myself an A. So just need to hold on to it for 4 weeks.

Dave

LRB

+a billion.

I suppose I feel a little sore, but within the margin of error of the level of soreness I feel every day of my life. Still thinking 8-10. Probably no point in doing anything longer at what will likely end up at a recovery pace.

A good day for me yesterday. Based on the negative split and long course, I think I had sub a sub-1:34 in me. Maybe someday I'll actually train properly for a half as a goal race. Would be nice to turn around and do another, but I don't see one in the cards till September. Anyway, I'll happily take what I got. If I am just viewing this as a fitness test, I give myself an A. So just need to hold on to it for 4 weeks.

Or build upon it.

delicate flower

I ran, and decided to make my 14 miler interesting and took to the track.  The cushy track is also easier on my tired body.  I did 400, 800, 1200, 1600, repeated four times, with 400 recoveries.  I ran them all at what felt like a "medium effort."  Garmin says I ran a HM in 1:32:47, which would be my fastest in my last five attempts.  Too bad training runs don't count.  Anyway, 14 miles at 7:08 avg.  Good run.

<3

delicate flower

For the week:

Swim - 6.0 miles

Bike - 101.7 miles

Run - 31.4 miles

13 hours of training.

<3

Or build upon it.

Heading into a very tough week - a 6x1000, a 15 MLR, a 20 LR, 70 total. To be followed by what is considered the start of taper. But for Pfitz, that includes a 12 MLR, a race, a 17 LR, 58 total.

Dave

LRB

Heading into a very tough week - a 6x1000, a 15 MLR, a 20 LR, 70 total. To be followed by what is considered the start of taper. But for Pfitz, that includes a 12 MLR, a race, a 17 LR, 58 total.

That's pretty much par for the course for you, but I understand what you mean.

Cyberic

I ran, and decided to make my 14 miler interesting and took to the track.  The cushy track is also easier on my tired body.  I did 400, 800, 1200, 1600, repeated four times, with 400 recoveries.  I ran them all at what felt like a "medium effort."  Garmin says I ran a HM in 1:32:47, which would be my fastest in my last five attempts.  Too bad training runs don't count.  Anyway, 14 miles at 7:08 avg.  Good run.

Nice run indeed!

LRB

Rumor has it that Damaris has completed her one thousandth, six hundred and fifty seventh half marathon.

Cyberic

So for a three week taper, the first week is about the same as a normal week but with 10 miles less. Makes sense. It is also what I did this week Smile

From the Internet.

16 today; cruised through some rolling hills at a decent clip, hit a long hill climb toward the end and then a big headwind once I got to the top of that climb - happy enough to jog it in the last couple miles from there and call it a day. Accidentally deleted the activity in the importer thingy, so I had to download the file from Garmin Connect and lost all the lap data, boo :C

Shower, compression socks, and food are next on the agenda (already poured a bowl of cereal with strawberries into my face but I need something else!).

SO weird to think that the next time I see 15-16 will be during the marathon, and then I probably won't run that far for at least a month or so after that!