Beginners and Beyond

TGIM Penguins! (Read 25 times)

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!

What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

That's right Penguins - Thank God It's Monday! Time to get back to work and make some moolah!

Finished last week with 34.69 miles and my longest run was 7 miles. Today I am back to my usual Monday is a rest day schedule.

Everyone have fun either resting, running, or recuperating!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Nice mileage Gustav.  That didn't take long at all.

AFM - Last week was my highest mileage total ever at just over 53 miles.  It was my first week of the base building phase 1 for my marathon plan.  I had some doubles in there.  I'm not supposed to have a "long" run until week 4.  So, my longest run was actually 10 miles.  My legs feel great.  I also got in some good lawn mower miles, and had a great weekend.  The weather was so beautiful yesterday, but I kept my running to a couple of easy miles with my wife.  We just did some gardening, mowing and house work and then sat outside and enjoyed some grilling and a couple of cold beers in the beautiful weather.  Such a great week.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  After an 80 mile week, I am going to rest.  Don't feel I need to but with Sunday's marathon, I'll have to, bah.

Weights tonight at least.

Gustav, nice mileage!

Awood, great mileage as well!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good morning Gus, aw, and D. Very productive weekend; sharpened the mower blade and cleaned gutters.  Health club after work.

Have a great Monday !!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

awood sounds like a nice weekend.

congrats to all of you with those high mileage weeks!!

SRD for me. Going to try to finally start following my Running Wizard plan that was supposed to start 2 weeks ago. The plan is a 20 week plan for my October half.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Zelanie

Morning!  Running-wise, not such a good weekend for me.  The knee was giving me lots of trouble, and I wasn't able to get the miles in that I'd been hoping for.

Other than that, it was a good weekend.  I baked up a bunch of banana-carrot mini loaves to give to the assistants I've been working with all year and got a decent amount of stuff done around the house.

RD today (well, walk with DH and MIL), and then we'll see what the knee can do tomorrow.

Gustav- Nice miles!

Awood- Congrats on getting over 50!  Now I see why you were going back and forth on whether to run 13 on Saturday.

D- Way to go, all star!

Jerry- Have a good time at the gym!

Kristin- Good luck on your plan.  If I remember correctly, they start you out with the aerobic endurance phase, which means pretty high mileage.  Good luck!

Bin Running

Gustav, congrats on the high miles weekend.

Awood, sound like a great weekend and woohoo for 50+ miles.

Damaris, bad ass 80 miles week. You!

Jerry, good work maintaining the mower.

Krsitin, good luck with the plan.  20weeks should be enough to give you a good show at the HM.

Mel, sorry abt the knees. Are you still going to the PT?

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Bin Running

AFM, SRD for me. Just 5 days before vacation. Smile

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Zelanie

Bin- Where are you going on your vacation?

I go to the PT on Wed.  By then I should know whether it has gotten better with a little rest or if it's really a setback.

Docket_Rocket

I hope it's not a setback.

Bin- Where are you going on your vacation?

I go to the PT on Wed.  By then I should know whether it has gotten better with a little rest or if it's really a setback.

I win, Bin.  I leave on Thursday, take that!  Although I'm sure yours will be longer....

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Bin Running

Mel, going to Bali! Hope it's not s setback.

Damaris, I'm only on 5 days vacation. Not too long.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Docket_Rocket

Me too, sigh.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Bali sounds awesome!  D, hope you're going somewhere fun, too!  For the marathon, I assume?

Docket_Rocket

Yes, ma'm!

Bali sounds awesome!  D, hope you're going somewhere fun, too!  For the marathon, I assume?

Damaris

Fundraising Page