Beginners and Beyond

Weekend Penguins, tell me what Mama said... (Read 28 times)

Amazonian Princess

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

I can. I will. I am. 

Amazonian Princess

G'morning,

About to head out for 5 miles with the group 

Dreamed about my mom last night; on Mother's Day it was the ten year anniversary of her death but she's not gone as long as I still think of her and the wisdom she imparted.

Mama said violence should always be a last resort, but if you have to defend yourself physically, there's no such thing as fighting dirty. That one helped me defend myself against a drunk guy in college.

Mama also called her girdle her "potholder" 

Enjoy the day!

I can. I will. I am. 

on my way to badass

Good weekend Baconista and Penguins to come!

I love the wisdom your Mom gave you Baconista.

I had 5 9-10 year-old boys here overnight.  DS had a sleepover birthday party.  I will be taking a nap later.  I hope to get a few miles in too.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

PADRunner

Morning, ran some miles this morning. I'll run a few more later.

Yesterday was the 5 year anniversary of my moms death, been thinking about her.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Ran the Baltimore 10 Miler this morning. 1:56:53, 11:32 minute miles. Ran most of it with the 1:55 pace group it was fun. Challenging race with lots of hills, but I've done it 3 years in a row and I love it.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

GinnyinPA

Bacon - I hope your group run was fun.  Good advice from your mama.

SF - I bet you're exhausted. I used to love sleepovers when I was a kid, but sleep was scarce. Enjoy your nap and your run.

PAD - have a good double today.  Are you working or will you be watching the Preakness at home?

Kristin - good race.  I've never done a 10 miler.

AFM:  a friend is coming from out of town for lunch, so I don't know whether I'll get a run in or not.  Too bad as it's cool and cloudy outside.  Looks like a thunderstorm is possible. .

PADRunner

PAD - have a good double today.  Are you working or will you be watching the Preakness at home?

AFM:  a friend is coming from out of town for lunch, so I don't know whether I'll get a run in or not.  Too bad as it's cool and cloudy outside.  Looks like a thunderstorm is possible. .

I'm working. It''s the Belmont today. Enjoy your lunch.

LRB

...but she's not gone as long as I still think of her and the wisdom she imparted.

This, is a fact.

Amazonian Princess

I'm working. It''s the Belmont today. Enjoy your lunch.

PAD, in your opinion, what three things do I need to know about horse racing?

Group run was fun, the donut shop saved a bacon-topped donut for me, and I'm about to take a short snooze before our afternoon couples massage. Oh, and I found a $20 bill in my water bottle holder from last year (hence the donut splurge!)

I can. I will. I am. 

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

9 with DW.  Perfect day, but I was sluggish for no reason.  30 for the week with a possible RD tomorrow.

Bacon, Good idea to take a snooze before the massage, so you don't sleep through it.  I could use a foot massage right now, but it will be with my spikey ball.

Welcome embee Smile

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  Busy today with errands and laundry.  Will run with hubby tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

I posted in the wrong thread- bumping this one back up.

Welcome, embee!

PAD- Hoping you get your triple crown today!

I ran 6 with the dogs.  I haven't taken them running in a while now, but the GI issues are improving and I didn't have time to run and then walk them  today.  They did well- I took it super easy and stopped at the river a bunch of times to let them cool off and drink.  And at least we know that walking with them regularly (off leash) is enough to keep them fit enough that they can just go out and run.  Looking forward to more runs with them this summer!

hog4life

I could use a massage about right now. I did 6.2 last night, 6.5 this morning, then a 46 mile bike ride, my azz is hurting.

Bacon, that's some good advice from mamma.

Stone, that sounds tiring. We raised 3 boys, so we know how it is when friends are over and they get wound up.

Pad, I lost my mom 22 years ago, and there is not a day that goes by I don't think about her.

Kristin, woohoo!

Ginny, I would love some thunder storms right now, it's getting so hot here!

PADRunner

PAD, in your opinion, what three things do I need to know about horse racing?

I don't know that much about it myself. I work in IT.

GinnyinPA

I went out for a short run after our friend left.  Either the large lunch or something else really upset my stomach.  Fortunately, I knew where there was  a POP at a construction site, so I was able to avoid embarrassment.  This is the first time that has happened to me on a run.  Not fun.

Bacon - nice find.  I hope the massage was good.

PAD - yay for American Pharaoh!

Jerry - good job on the 30 for the week.

Z - nice that your dogs run well with you.  Have fun with them this summer.

Mitch - you should be tired.  Busy few days!

D - I hope you and DH had a nice run.