Beginners and Beyond

It's after 7:00 AM. Where are the Fridailies? (Read 37 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Everyone must be sleeping late.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 0, but slept like a Baboon.  9.5 hours in bed.

Have a kickass day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

I actually ran this morning since I didn't have to be at a deposition until 9am.  6 done, more later before weights.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Hey now, I just finished my run like 25-30 minutes ago 

Jetta and I got 8.3 miles, the first 3-4 sucked and I can still feel the congestion in my throat and chest... or maybe it was taking some headache medicine on an empty stomach and two tablespoons of honey to help with the sore throat...........

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

delicate flower

'Friday!  I had an awesome swim this morning.  Masters coach had me make some adjustments to my technique which really seem to be helping.  2000 yards at 1:44 avg swim pace, which is my fastest yet, and I was hitting paces I've never hit before.  After 300 yards I was like "What the hell is happening!?"  That felt good.    Got an easy run to do after work.  

<3

LRB

I ran 7.5.

It was cold, dark, wet and windy. I actually appreciated the cold wind though during the last 2 miles. The run itself didn't feel so bad, but it was another slow one. I think I have set a record in that regard this week.

onemile

I ran 7.5.

It was cold, dark, wet and windy. I actually appreciated the cold wind though during the last 2 miles. The run itself didn't feel so bad, but it was another slow one. I think I have set a record in that regard this week.

I appreciate that someone runs their easy runs slower than I do

bluerun

Super B****

Sleeping late!  HA!  My body is far too dumb to recognize sleep as a great healer, so even though I went to bed at 830 last night, I didn't fall asleep until around two and a half hours later.  And then I woke up half a dozen times during the night to pee, because the only good thing about feeling like crap: I keep myself very well hydrated.  So I got to run (4.7) while being exhausted and sick, which means it was slow and painful, and I did not try Gatorade like I was supposed to.

Barring a miraculous speedy recovery and a change in the forecast, this weekend's 10K is going to be a total shit show.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Hi.

Dave

on my way to badass

4 done.  It was actually nice this morning, although a little muggy.

I'm gonna get the groceries and maybe spend a couple of hours sitting in a tree and wait for a buck to walk by.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

LRB

lol

I'm just happy I haven't been late getting to my desk, as running slower than you expect can screw things up that way.

LRB

Barring a miraculous speedy recovery and a change in the forecast, this weekend's 10K is going to be a total shit show.

At this point in MRT, that's about right.

Cyberic

With the workouts you do, it's quite normal that your easy days are very easy.

LRB, on the other hand, does not have that excuse 

Docket_Rocket

I got you covered on the running easy runs slower than EVERYBODY.

Ugh, this deposition is going to take forever.  We are still in the college years and the bank is asking him where he has lived every year since then.  SMH.  We are discussing 1997. 

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

At this point in MRT, that's about right.

No, most people get sick the week before.  I'm ahead of the game.  (And I don't have miles and miles and miles on my legs like normal people do.  Because I'm a freak.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog