Beginners and Beyond

Four day Fridailies! (Read 30 times)

delicate flower

Where the hell is everyone?  Sleeping in, I hope, savoring this FOUR DAY WEEKEND!    I've got a short run to do, plus wife and I will going to the lake for our first outdoor training swim of the year.

I got my training plan for next week.  Not sure if tapering or getting the entire week off.....

<3

From the Internet.

I ran 4 this morning. Feeling progressively better, though I think my heart rate is still kind of all over the place.

I'm thinking I'll probably try an easy 10 on Monday if the next couple days are OK.

Docket_Rocket

Why would people be sleeping in?  It's a working Friday! 

Alas, I'm on vacation.  5 miles and then the airport.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Sleeping in infers that I was asleep, and that shit rarely happens. lol

LRB

Why would people be sleeping in?  It's a working Friday! 

Alas, I'm on vacation.  5 miles and then the airport.

It's dead as hell at my office. No bosses are in, most of the employees are off and I have an extremely light schedule. I'm gonna fuck off all the way to lunch. 👍

Docket_Rocket

That's what I would be doing if I had been there. I saddled someone else with my court hearings today. Yay.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Runshortii

I'll be at work today  but I'm off the weekend and off Memorial Day this year which is nice. SRD for me

onemile

It's dead as hell at my office. No bosses are in, most of the employees are off and I have an extremely light schedule. I'm gonna fuck off all the way to lunch. 👍

And then sneak out early

LRB

And then sneak out early

Actually I am, but its so early that I have to use personal time. Can you believe that shit, the noive of this place. Hmph! 

Docket_Rocket

Lol. at least the office got a one hour early departure.

5 with 6 X 100m done.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Dave

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good afternoon!

I ran 5 this morning, then mowed and did yardwork.  I liked the run, and the mowing was better than being at work.

Have a kickass rest of the day!

Runner with a riding problem.

LRB

Since I'm not running, but still eating as if I am ffs, I've turned my attention to salads for lunch a couple of days this week as a way to cut back on the calories. Sheeit, some of them shits check in higher than a full meal. Take the caesar salad at Red Lobster for instance, which is nothing more than some bland ass colorless romaine lettuce and parmesan shavings. 550 calories of are you fucking kidding me right now, and that's without any chicken, seafood or meat! Of course it's all in the sauce, which I imagine if you take off the total calories go down to 3. lol

Half Crazy K 2.0

LRB, I have a big ass salad pretty much every day for lunch. Usually I make them at home. If I go out Chipotle is one of my go today. If you skip the sour cream and salad dressing, it can be a reasonable amount of calories. I tend also pick one of guac or cheese, not both.

delicate flower

Me and DW just got back from our first open water swim of the year.  Fucking hell was the water cold...the kind of cold where you start to swim and the air just gets sucked out of your lungs.  It got tolerable but my hands got numb and were rendered useless.  I couldn't straighten my fingers or bend my wrists, so I basically only had my forearms to pull me.  Made for slower going than I would have liked.  Fortunately we only did 1300 yards, which is about half a typical swim for me.  It's an hour later now and my feet are still tingling.  I'm about to go for a three mile run which should warm me up pretty good.

<3