Beginners and Beyond

Woman Runs London Marathon Without a Tampon, Bleeds Freely to Raise Awareness (Read 99 times)

onemile

Would you???

Link

bluerun

Super B****

Awareness of... what??

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

happylily

She should also have gone without shoes, music, technical clothes and breakfast to raise awareness to all her sisters who don't have access to those things.

And no.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Half Crazy K 2.0

No way in hell. And black shorts/capris/tights because tampons are not fail safe.

Pretty sure this is every guy's reaction to the thread.

happylily

I had this idea while I was running: I'll punch in the face 10 lucky guys in my next race to raise awareness to the mental hardships that all my sisters all over the world go through during their periods. I think that's a good cause, no?

Cyberic

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Hell no.... hell no

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

happylily

Awareness of... what??

Awareness that some women in parts of the world do not have access to tampons. As if we didn't already know this...

bluerun

Super B****

Awareness that some women in parts of the world do not have access to tampons. As if we didn't already know this...

Because you can't live a perfectly fine life without having access to tampons.

You have a lesser risk of TSS, so you come out ahead!  Eesh.

chasing the impossible

onemile

And some women don't have access to running clothing and she just ruined a perfectly good pair of capris. 

delicate flower

And some women don't have access to running clothing and she just ruined a perfectly good pair of capris

I am sure there is a pretty good market for those in certain places of the internet.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I actually heard rumors, and I'll call them that as it hasn't made the news - that some women or girls (teens) in Europe are starting a movement of not wearing any tampons or pads during their periods as a statement, just walking around like that. Some sort of feminist movement like not shaving their arm pits or legs or whatever 

Can anybody confirm this insanity?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

happylily

I actually heard rumors, and I'll call them that as it hasn't made the news - that some women or girls (teens) in Europe are starting a movement of not wearing any tampons or pads during their periods as a statement, just walking around like that. Some sort of feminist movement like not shaving their arm pits or legs or whatever 

I haven't heard of this, but I don't see what it has to do with feminism?

onemile

a woman’s time of the month should not be considered something unclean and unnatural, something to be hidden and cleaned up hastily before it has the chance to offend anyone who may become privy to the fact that said woman’s body is evacuating her loins of unused baby blood. The second, being that tampons, pads, and other feminine hygiene products are “man” made inventions, intended to inadvertently rape a woman during her period, thus furthering her victim status as a woman living in a world run by men. 

http://modernwomandigest.com/disturbing-new-feminist-trend-free-bleeding/

bluerun

Super B****

And some women don't have access to running clothing and she just ruined a perfectly good pair of capris. 

Well, it can be washed.  Though some women don't have access to laundry detergent, so there is that.

chasing the impossible