Beginners and Beyond

Half Marathonapallooza Saturdailies (Read 33 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 6 cool miles.  It was low 40s, but at least I hit a dry window.  Rain and storms again in awhile.  The running parts aren't complaining, yet.

Have a great day folls!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Morning. RD and on my way to Cincinnati.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Mods: please change this thread name to Half Marathonapallooza Saturdailies. How TF many are the going on today anyway?

MTA: 41 and rain right now. Supposed to clear up and get about 4 degrees warmer by race time. It f'in better.

Dave

LRB

Mods: please change this thread name to Half Marathonapallooza Saturdailies. How TF many are the going on today anyway?

MTA: 41 and rain right now. Supposed to clear up and get about 4 degrees warmer by race time. It f'in better.

You, runshorti, onemile, and still bluesky off the top of my head.

LRB

I have 4 to run today.

I sat in my car for 90 minutes after work yesterday waiting for the rain to let up to get that run in. It finally did and I did. So for one of the few times this year, I have followed my schedule as written. There are however, two days left in the week. Plenty of opportunity to screw it up. lol

onemile

Well that sucked.  Miles 4 to 10 were pretty much directly into a strong wind and 7 thru 10 it was a completely unprotected open stretch with no one to block it.

LRB

Well that sucked.  Miles 4 to 10 were pretty much directly into a strong wind and 7 thru 10 it was a completely unprotected open stretch with no one to block it.

Damn.

Cyberic

Ran 10min E + 60min MPplus + 10min E

MTA: It rained, and rained.

Damn, that suuu...wait a minute - PR?? Damn!!!

Dave

Cyberic

May 21st. Weather is gonna be gorgeous.

You PRed? That's a good thing.

onemile

May 21st. Weather is gonna be gorgeous.

You PRed? That's a good thing.

I was totally regretting my decision when I got down to the lakefront and felt how incredibly windy it was.

Runshortii

Your splits for miles 9 and 10 look like mine lol. That stretch of wind on Kennedy Drive and going up to the turn around was a doozy. As soon as I got down to the lakefront this morning and saw the waves I sat in my car debating on going back to bed.

Runshortii

I ran a 1:41:56, which is about a minute PR (I ran a 1:42:43 a few years ago on a slightly short course).  It wasn't my A goal of 1:40, but I will happily take it considering the wind, and that I only ran a 46:49 10K 3 weeks ago so I don't think I'm quite in 1:40 shape yet. I need to up my mileage. Onemile great job btw! Your slowest splits were my fastest lol. I guess I was 3rd for my age group too, but they don't do age group awards, which is fine.

Docket_Rocket

Onemile PR and a speedy one at that. Congrats!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I ran a 1:41:56, which is about a minute PR (I ran a 1:42:43 a few years ago on a slightly short course).  It wasn't my A goal of 1:40, but I will happily take it considering the wind, and that I only ran a 46:49 10K 3 weeks ago so I don't think I'm quite in 1:40 shape yet. I need to up my mileage. Onemile great job btw! Your slowest splits were my fastest lol. I guess I was 3rd for my age group too, but they don't do age group awards, which is fine.

Congrats!

Damaris

Fundraising Page