Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES (Read 33 times)

LRB

Hi.

It's been one of them rare weeks where I haven't been longing for the weekend, something you can remind me of Monday!

Running-wise, my legs have been trashed ever since I ran up that mountain, so I took today off for a break.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and weights tonight and that is it.

LRB, we need more pics of where you are running.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Good morning and happy Friday and all that jazz!  lmao

Short but hard swim this morning.  Short but easy run to do tonight.  I think "Don't Go Away Mad" is the best Motley Crue song.

<3

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode 21 miles.  I was glad when I was done.

Have a kickass day!

Runner with a riding problem.

6 miles. It was as slow & achy as usual, but for some reason, mentally I was feeling pretty good. I'll take it.

Dave

sdWhiskers

5 easy miles. I started a little later and did not need a headlamp. Winning!

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Running-wise, my legs have been trashed ever since I ran up that mountain, so I took today off for a break.

IIRC, that was quite a while ago.  I only see 1 rest day recently.  Cumulative fatigue?  Hope the break helps.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

RunningOnSand

5 easy miles. I started a little later and did not need a headlamp. Winning!

Total winning!

Glad the run wasn't as challenging mentally, Dave. Did you already go in to get your iron levels tested?

Where is everyone else today? Cyber, Shortii, LM, JayB, Italiana, Bread (are you still out there???) and I am sure I have forgotten others...please report back to your running friends. kthxbai

I had cruise intervals today--7 total miles on the 'mill, with 3x1mi of those at 8:15mm. Felt just right. Just like goldilocks! Or was that Red Riding Hood? 

Since the weather is such a large portion of how our runs go, I thought I'd report that this morning (amidst all the mountains of snow we got last weekend), it was 11* with 20+mph winds. FFS.  I know it's normal and everything, but I'm really ready for some 50* temps. Where is spring, dammit?!

KCRuns

3.3 sucky TM miles.  I had to take a few walk breaks to breathe, but it's better than doing nothing.

RunningOnSand

3.3 sucky TM miles.  I had to take a few walk breaks to breathe, but it's better than doing nothing.

Did your cough get the better of you again?

KCRuns

Did your cough get the better of you again?

Yes.  It had been getting progressively better every day, but on Wednesday it changed and got bad again.  I went back to the doctor yesterday and he said it's now turned into a sinus infection (I have zero congestion that I can feel, but he says that can happen especially after the flu).  The good news is that my lungs are completely clear, but the bad news is I'm on another course of antibiotics and nasal spray for the next 10 days.  The rest of me feels normal, it's just this stupid f***ing cough.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Since the weather is such a large portion of how our runs go, I thought I'd report that this morning (amidst all the mountains of snow we got last weekend), it was 11* with 20+mph winds. FFS.  I know it's normal and everything, but I'm really ready for some 50* temps. Where is spring, dammit?!

Someone in a different forum said today is January 78th.  I'm pretty sure spring is cancelled this year.

KCRuns - Glad there's some improvement with the cough.  I'm sure it's annoying as hell.  Hope it goes away soon.

I may go for an easy 4 tonight.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

RunningOnSand

Someone in a different forum said today is January 78th.  I'm pretty sure spring is cancelled this year.

KCRuns - Glad there's some improvement with the cough.  I'm sure it's annoying as hell.  Hope it goes away soon.

I may go for an easy 4 tonight.

Yep! I'd say that's accurate!

KC, I also hope you get better with this new set of antibiotics.

LRB

lol - I heard February 62nd. lmao

LRB

IIRC, that was quite a while ago.  I only see 1 rest day recently.  Cumulative fatigue?  Hope the break helps.

That was the Hansons' hills, on March 11. This was one big ass mountain last Sunday. It was an awesome run, albeit brief by hobby jogger standards.