Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES (Read 33 times)

LRB

Hi.

I got up and out for 7 miles. It was 37 and sprinkling and I was dressed perfectly for the out portion (thin tights and a thin quarter-zip top) but burned the hell up coming back in.

Office luncheon at a banquet hall today so plenty of green beans, potatoes and salad coming up...if I'm lucky!

Docket_Rocket

Well hello there.

I have Pilates and 7-8 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Hi.

Whatcha say there, nut roll!

Long swim this morning...4000 yards.  I took it nice and easy and felt good the whole time.  Speaking of easy, I've got an easy run later.

<3

Cyberic

Ran to work. Office Christmas party tonight. I'll try to take it easy on the alcohol, but historically I'm not very good at that. Maybe being 49 will help...

LRB

Whatcha say there, nut roll!

What up, brotein shake. 

LRB

Well hello there.

Good day. When will you know if you're working for free?

LRB

Ran to work. Office Christmas party tonight. I'll try to take it easy on the alcohol, but historically I'm not very good at that. Maybe being 49 will help...

lol

Did you drink something like 6 pints one year, or do I have you confused with someone else?

Cyberic

lol

Did you drink something like 6 pints one year, or do I have you confused with someone else?

I'm going to a pre-party with some dudes and will surely have 2 pints in my body before I get to the party. Hopefully I'll limit myself to another 2. But yeah, if I don't hold myself back, I will go to 6 or 7 and I'll be drunk AF. Been there, done that. So I don't think you have me confused with someone else Smile

The pre-party is actually the best part, as there will only be cool dudes there, guys I'd have fun getting drunk with. But at the party after, there are also some people who will give me the eye, you know. Pot is also legal in Canada now, so maybe I'll smoke some if offered. I don't care much what people think. I'm very professionnal at work, but at a party... I DGAF. I should. I try to GAF. But I don't much. It's deep in me. I get that from my daddy!

sdWhiskers

I'm going to a pre-party with some dudes and will surely have 2 pints in my body before I get to the party. Hopefully I'll limit myself to another 2. But yeah, if I don't hold myself back, I will go to 6 or 7 and I'll be drunk AF. Been there, done that. So I don't think you have me confused with someone else Smile

The pre-party is actually the best part, as there will only be cool dudes there, guys I'd have fun getting drunk with. But at the party after, there are also some people who will give me the eye, you know. Pot is also legal in Canada now, so maybe I'll smoke some if offered. I don't care much what people think. I'm very professionnal at work, but at a party... I DGAF. I should. I try to GAF. But I don't much. It's deep in me. I get that from my daddy!

Our holiday party was cancelled this year  We're moving into a new building and there's a big ceremony planned in a few months for it's dedication but that should NOT replace a holiday party.

No running today because this week has been way too busy work-wise and I'm tired and I don't want to run and I have a HM in the morning.

delicate flower

I do my best to avoid office holiday parties.  I don't attend the parties, and I don't attend the luncheons.  I find it convenient that I am always too busy with work, and that usually flies given the nature of my job and the timing of the holidays (year end).  And ain't no way in hell I am going to an office party after work on my free time.  None of this applies though if it is my staff.  I'll do whatever they want to do.

<3

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 7 easy this morning before the rain hit.  It was 50 but windy as hell.  It's now 55, windy as hell, and raining.

Have a kickass afternoon!

Runner with a riding problem.

Almost better than being on vacation in Hawaii is being on vacation during your office Christmas party. Which I believe is today. I don’t even know what it is, but I’m sure it’s lame.

Flew from Oahu to the big island yesterday, strying in Kona. 8 miles this morning. Feeling some unpleasant hammy tightness 

Dave

onemile

My work holiday party is this weekend but I have plans with my dogs 

Docket_Rocket

Mine is a luncheon and unfortunately, I don't have court that day.  Ours at least is during work hours so I don't mind spending 2 hours with people instead of working.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

We have no holiday party. There was a party several years ago that got crazy. Basically, don't get caught relieving yourself in the work parking lot while drunk. And don't play drinking games in front of senior managers.