Beginners and Beyond

Suffering Sassafras Sundailies (Read 49 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

So I am getting ready to head out the door for my 16 miler......... alone..... which sucks. It's 43 degrees out, so it should be a pleasant run, and it is really... really dark out too.

Any who, see ya'll in a while 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

I wish bluerun a kickass marathon, and an awesome, pain free HM to baboon.

I'll be going out in a while for some miles with something at MP thrown in. Nothing exhausting, just trying to keep in shape.

LRB

Hi.

My lower abs and inner thighs are pretty sore, my ass hurts too . I would rather not run this morning, but I ate two days worth of calories yesterday and with football, wine and pizza on the agenda today, I fear a fat boy is in the making if I don't get ahead of it.

+1

NYCM coverage on ESPN2 starting 9:00 ET.

Dave

For Baboon: Why Marathons are Tougher than Triathlons.

Article based on the 2016 Olympic triathlon gold medalist running her first marathon at NYC.

News flash: "Coaches and experts in sports science say high-intensity running is a lot harder on the body and wears down muscles far more than swimming and cycling."

Dave

LRB

+1

NYCM coverage on ESPN2 starting 9:00 ET.

Poof. Her head just exploded. lol

No more marathons

I fear a fat boy is in the making 

Fall on floor laughing

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

Is pain and suffering the day after a workout an indication of a good workout?

One that's going to produce benefits somewhere down the road?

If so, then my trail run yesterday was a good workout.

I'm going to sit on my fat ass today (take notes, LRB).

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

delicate flower

1:40:11 Wine and Dine HM.  My legs were dead from yesterdays shenanigans (10K plus park hopping all day).  It was a hard effort, I stopped for five photos, and my hamstring didn't make a peep.  I'll call this race a huge victory!

<3

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

1:40:11 Wine and Dine HM.  My legs were dead from yesterdays shenanigans (10K plus park hopping all day).  It was a hard effort, I stopped for five photos, and my hamstring didn't make a peep.  I'll call this race a huge victory!

You left out the important part. Which wines and cheeses did you sample?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

This is the best news of all.

Sounds like a good weekend, for people who like to do dumb things.

Dave

LRB

Is pain and suffering the day after a workout an indication of a good workout?

One that's going to produce benefits somewhere down the road?

If so, then my trail run yesterday was a good workout.

I'm going to sit on my fat ass today (take notes, LRB).

Enjoy that! I am still training (a result of choosing a half as my fall goal race and not a marathon) so a run today is pretty much standard, especially given the light week I had going into yesterday, which was awesome.

onemile

My garmin's pissing me off again this morning so I said fuck it and ordered the 630.  Same day delivery through Amazon prime

on my way to badass

+1

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Cyberic

2 x (2 miles MP w/800 m). A little over 12 miles total.

44 miles at 7:37 average pace for the week.