Beginners and Beyond

Whack Job FriDAILIES (Read 34 times)

LRB

I drove to the track and ran 3. The first 2 my ankle felt as if it was going to crumble with each successive step, so I was left wondering which doc I was going to call, where my PT would be and how long would I be down for. At some point my ankle loosened up and I didn't feel it anymore, so then I started thinking about my next run, my next race, and when might I start training for it. 

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

LRB, running is surely a fickle pursuit.

I ran 5.5 after daylight.  The sun was getting hot the last few minutes.

Have a kickass day!

Runner with a riding problem.

delicate flower

Good morning!  A free donut came with my coffee this morning.  Score!!  I've got a two mile run later.  TWO MILES.  It's like, why bother.  But still not as bad as the FIFTEEN MINUTE bike ride I have tomorrow.    Yeah the taper is great and all but I am seriously jonesin' to get after it now.

3 hour meeting this morning which I would normally dread but I am happy to get away from my cubicle today.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Pilates and 7 tonight, if I have time.

LRB, have you taped your ankle?  I have issues with mine on and off due to the torn ligament in the foot and taping for ankle stability helps while running.  If you have not done so, try it and see if the first miles feel better.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Good luck to DaveP and Zelanie in the Newport Marathon tomorrow!!  Wishing you nothing but PR's and BQ's!  

<3

onemile

Good luck to DaveP and Zelanie in the Newport Marathon tomorrow!!  Wishing you nothing but PR's and BQ's!  

Tomorrow!  Do we have tracking available?

onemile

At some point my ankle loosened up and I didn't feel it anymore, so then I started thinking about my next run, my next race, and when might I start training for it. 

lol yup

onemile

I ran 9

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

That's good to hear LRB Smile

I woke up this morning to no freaking soreness!!!! Except in my upper lats area, under my armpits.... Yesterday evening I got back to doing chin ups and did 3 sets of 3, I used to be able to do 2-3 sets of 4 but from January to until last night I could barely do 1 or 2 for some reason (and I also wasn't even trying them from April thru May). And I also did 4 sets of 20 push ups with my shins resting on my stability ball...... but no soreness in my legs!!!!

Last night I ran around the house after Dorian for like 10-15 minutes, there were times my left knee would hurt or pinch or something, either when going down this dirt pile and landing on it, or starting up from a stop but it wasn't too often, and sometimes it would instead be my left shin that would hurt, or the pain radiated from my left knee down the front of my shin.....

Anyways, I didn't do any leg/glute work today, figured I'd like a day of no soreness so I'll stick it in with tomorrow morning's back workouts (while also cutting the sets in half and just tossing the lunges out of there, and possibly messing with that leg press thing).

This morning was Shoulders & Delts

No automatic alt text available.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Good luck at Newport, guys!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

I drove to the track and ran 3. The first 2 my ankle felt as if it was going to crumble with each successive step, so I was left wondering which doc I was going to call, where my PT would be and how long would I be down for. At some point my ankle loosened up and I didn't feel it anymore, so then I started thinking about my next run, my next race, and when might I start training for it. 

Maybe don't think so much.  (HI, KETTLE!)

7.5 on the AlterG because I'm a paranoid freak.  Does it count as paranoia if it's justified?

Good luck, crazy marathon people!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Tomorrow!  Do we have tracking available?

I think there's nothing other than post-race results. And it's on Pacific Time. I'll try not to keep you all waiting any longer than I have to. 

Taking the day off work today to drive down.

Dave

onemile

I think there's nothing other than post-race results. And it's on Pacific Time. I'll try not to keep you all waiting any longer than I have to. 

Taking the day off work today to drive down.

I'll PM you my # so you can just text me during the race with updates, k?

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

...At some point my ankle loosened up and I didn't feel it anymore, so then I started thinking about my next run, my next race, and when might I start training for it. 

I won't tell anyone. Numbs the word.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Zelanie

Thanks folks. I may be going slowly enough that I can text during the race if my leg doesn't hold out.

In the mean time, my kiddo came home last night because her campus was closed under threat of violent white supremacists.