Beginners and Beyond

Basic Math ThursDAILIES (Read 42 times)

LRB

7 degrees F + 14 MPH winds = insulate your nuts. lol

LRB

Hey Docket Rocket; the dew point is -4. You like that?

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

30 min elliptical.  It is 20, and the north wind was in my face.  Pretty cold, but the nuts are ok.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

on my way to badass

HIgh of 15*F here today with a wind chill I don't even want to know about.  Treadmill is where I am headed later.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Half Crazy K 2.0

From that thread that always pops up this time of year on the main page, I thought the problem was something else in the cold?

ETA, the new term is Polar Penis.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

The weather forecast makes me wonder if I really hate running on a TM that much. It's not getting out of the 20s for the next two days and with winds of 18-25 mpw and gusts to 35, I'm a wimp and don't want to run in that. We're also supposed to get our first significant snowfall this weekend with 1-2" Friday night and an additional 1-3" on Saturday. Granted that's nothing compared to lake effect blizzards in Cleveland but too many drivers around here have no idea how to drive in the snow.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LRB

lol

From that thread that always pops up this time of year on the main page, I thought the problem was something else in the cold?

aka dicksicle.

A delightful 32 degrees here; 7 miles with 7 strides.

Dave

LRB

aka dicksicle.

A delightful 32 degrees here; 7 miles with 7 strides.

lol

I suppose your bionic undies are of no use out there? 

LRB

The weather forecast makes me wonder if I really hate running on a TM that much.

I have cme a loooooong way in how I view treadmill running since I first found the forums. It's like night and day.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I ran 13 with 3 X 3 @ MP on the TM early this morning.  Pilates and weights tonight.

George, embrace the TM, and FTS.

LRB, I think I would be able to breathe in that dewpoint.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

onemile

Ended up not running last night. Maybe tonight

Zelanie

TM running requires a certain patience that also needs to be built up over time. When I was running more on the TM it was easy, now it feel endless. But like anything else I could get used to it if I had to.

Snow day today. We got a couple inches of snow on top of freezing rain. I wonder if it will be runnable if it warms up later? I also have to decide if I need to cancel this evening's WW meeting.

LRB

TM running requires a certain patience that also needs to be built up over time. When I was running more on the TM it was easy, now it feel endless. But like anything else I could get used to it if I had to.

This is true. I went 7 today and my head didn't explode. This was coming after two days of 6 and 6 which were much tougher mentally.

GinnyinPA

Right now doing 6 on the TM feels interminable, but last winter I did two 20s and didn't actually mind. I hope I don't get that used to the TM this year, but given how the winter is starting out, I may.