Beginners and Beyond

Thursday Penguins Know If It Doesn't Challenge You, It Doesn't Change You! (Read 32 times)

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

Wait, what are we going for?  I'll gladly vote for you, even not knowing what it is, lol!  Link?

183 likes!!!  Whoa!  Thank you guys!

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

Meant to type voting for

Singer who runs a smidge

Awood and PewPewPew are in the lead in a cutest couple contest.  Winner gets a free massage, or spa treatment ... I forget.  Anyway, the link is toward the end of yesterday's thread, if Awood doesn't repost.

Woo-hoo!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

....yes.... do you recommend another brand?

As to calf sleeves, are you using Zensahs?  They don't really have much compression so if you're using those, find some other tight ones that can help with the calves.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

SheCan

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you!  

Nice quote for the day!

Morning Penguins Clown--- putting the clown face because I never get a chance to use it and it's so cute!

Awood, you're winning because you all ARE the cutest couple, that's all there is to it.

Philliefan- good workout!  Maybe Gustav had you in mind with today's quote?  Anyway, all those hilly routes are really going to give your legs strength.

Mitch- good luck with the miles tonight.

Docket- awesome job even with the asthma flareup.  Then again, you are a beast!

Zelanie- nothing about your day today sounds too very easy.

Tori- glad the interview went well...lets hope they now know how perfect you are for the job, and get back to you quickly.

Hopesmom- dress rehearsal sounds fun!  Hope you get some good pics from Saturday's performance for us.

Jack K-  Good luck finding an affordable, roomy, sporty, fuel efficient vehicle!

Lauren-  good for you for using restraint with  your running group.

Jerry- great workout!

kristin- so glad you seen a new doctor.  It does not sound hopeless at all.  And yes, my DH has a brace he has to wear when doing any running because of an accident.  Unfortunately, that means he barely ever wears it, and I know you won't be like him that way!

I did a hilly 7 mile tempo run today.  Felt great, and i'm feeling confident!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Kristin: I just got some green ones. I don't know if I can do the pink just yet.

Docket: So far i like the Zensahs. What brand do you like?

She Can: The first one on our list is the Prius C.

hog4life

Awood, no I didn't.

Liz, hey ya!

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

Hey buddy!!!  Smile Smile

Awood, no I didn't.

Liz, hey ya!

GinnyinPA

Margo - I noticed that the RA software measures the hills much more than mapmyrun.  Maybe they measure every 5' change instead of every 10'?  Something like that.  But it does feel good to get up and down hills that used to be so intimidating.

Shecan - another good hilly run.  Are you training for a hilly race?

Tori - glad your interview went well.  When will they let you know?

Awood -  I hope you win.

Bin - enjoy tomorrow, finally getting to test your ankle.

Damaris - I hope your asthma behaves.  I can see that getting an allergy shot would put stress on your system.

Lauren - good job restraining yourself.  You don't want to get injured again.

Kristin - hurray on the good doctor visit.  PT should help heal the ITBS.  Is it hurting now?

AFM:  TM this afternoon.  Nothing exciting.

Jen16226

Good afternoon all.

This day has just gotten away from me!  Too busy.

I had a nice 4 mi last night and off today (although I might hit the total gym) and tomorrow then the 5K on Saturday.  My goal is to finish it and see how the hammy feels.

The Running Warehouse sale was hit up by me too.  They had my GTS 12's on sale and then the 15% off too!  And I did bite on the Zensah Calf Sleeves in black (it's slimming ya know!) and now I see them not recommended.  ugh.  Maybe there will be more compression because my calf's are huge! I can wish.

TORI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am soooo glad the interview went so well.  What are you doing tomorrow?  5K up at the Kittanning YMCA registration starts at 8:30 if you are interested.

Awood....I hope you don't mind, but I shared your pic with the voting info on my wall to try and drum up some more votes for you.

My friends on the East Coast....holy crap what a Noreaster!!!!  Good luck with all that snow...if they can ever figure out who is getting what south of MA.  Geez.  My dad still lives on LI and my sister is in Northern NJ so the weather that way certainly keeps me interested.

Alright back to work......

Goals for 2013:

Run 10K Race- ACCOMPLISHED!!!!

Run HM

RACES:

2-9 Kittanning Rotary Club 5K 44:38 on ice UGH

3-9 New Port Richey, Fl Pasco Challenge 10K- 1:22:55

5-12 Komen Pittsburgh Race for the Cure 5K

7-6 Ford City Heritage Days 5K

8-4 Pittsburgh Rock n Roll 1/2 Marathon

9-29 Richard S.Caliguri City of Pittsburgh Great Race 5K

From the Internet.

....yes.... do you recommend another brand?

I have and love the CEP sleeves.. I do notice that they stretch out a bit if I wear them back to back days but if I wet and dry them between uses they stay super tight (too lazy to do laundry every other day).

hog4life

Awood, I seen it from Tori. Good luck to you guys! I also sent you a FR.

Docket_Rocket

Can I have the link again?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Just got back from a 1.45 mile run outside, and it was the BEST!!!! I'm going to be smiling all day from it. I am so SO glad I decided to use my liberal amount of time on my day off work to go run outside instead of the dreadmill even though it was going to be such a short run. It felt SO GOOD to be out there...my first outdoor run since January 12th. My jogging path by the water with a view of the Statue of Liberty and NYC skyline beats a stuffy gym any day! 30 degrees, no wind....beautiful. And...NO PAIN! I wanted SO BADLY to keep going after the 1.45 miles but I needed to restrain myself. I ran the exact same distance and route as the only 2 runs I went on in January, and after both of those runs I ended up with extreme ITB/knee pain for days afterwards, so I didn't want to push it. I did power walk for another mile and a half though after though. And this was my first real run in my new shoes and I LOVE them. And the brace really wasn't so bad at all. ANNNNND here's the best part:

I don't know how this is possible, but I ran my first mile in 10:26, and averaged a 10:36 pace overall. UMMMM....WHAT? My 5K race pace of my 5K PR was 10:48. And that race was HARD. My training runs are usually around 12:00mm, sometimes a bit more (up to 13:00 sometimes during long runs). This did not feel hard today. I looked down at my Garmin after about a minute into my run and saw 9:45! I forced myself to slow down a bit, looked down and saw 10:05! I was concentrating on quickening my cadence and shortening my stride, maybe that made me run faster?? I have no explanation for this, as I am coming off running only 3 miles in January, and only 2 very short (10 min and 12 min) runs on the treadmill so far in Feb. Meh, I'll take it though. Now, fingers crossed for no delayed pain!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

SheCan

Shecan - another good hilly run.  Are you training for a hilly race?

Ginny, I'm doing the Lost Dutchman Marathon on Feb 17, which though its not flat by a long shot, I wouldn't call it particularly hilly.  BUT, 24 March I'm doing my first trail race, and it will be VERY hilly with a couple of very steep mountain climbs.  So the whole time I've been training for the marathon, I've kept the (50K!) trail race in the back of my head.   Also, if you happen to be in Phx around those times, let me know.   Both of the races are in the Phx area--- Dutchman is in Apache Junction & the trail race is in Waddell.

And Scotty, hope you're doing okay with those gnarly, mean injections.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson