Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES FFS: Can I get an amen up in here? (Read 44 times)

delicate flower

Cool! I have no idea what that means though.

8 miles easy.

It means that as a paying member of USA Triathlon, I have competed in enough duathlon races to earn a national ranking, and my ranking is just good enough to be mediocre.

<3

From the Internet.

Shit, that thing is probably healed with all the water resistance you have thrown at it!

I'm secretly hoping my doctor will take new X-rays and be like "WOW you have healed completely thanks to all your hard work, good job!"

LRB

I'm secretly hoping my doctor will take new X-rays and be like "WOW you have healed completely thanks to all your hard work, good job!"

It was my initial thought when you first posted details of your pool running. But alas, I am not a doctor...a nursing student lives in my sub though. 

Cyberic

But alas, I am not a doctor...a nursing student lives in my sub though. 

I once had a girlfriend who was in med school. I think I beat you. 

LRB

I once had a girlfriend who was in med school. I think I beat you. 

Shit, I'm out.

Zelanie

Hey guys! Spent the last couple of days hanging out with my parents and sister, now we're headed up to the Rockies for the day. Smile I've been fitting my miles in as I can around family stuff, actually managed 10.5 yesterday by running morning and evening. Today is probably a RD but we will be hiking at least a bit at high elevation. Smile

Lauren,  keep on rocking out with your bad self.

B-Plus

It's raining.

AMEN

happylily

A whole bunch of miles for me tonight, with hopefully a few at MP.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Cyberic

A whole bunch of miles for me tonight, with hopefully a few at MP.

How was the concert?

LRB

Docket_Rocket

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

How was the concert?

The music was wonderful. The acoustic was alright given the location. But the crowd and set up were totally bizarre... I felt like it was bingo night in Hochelaga. There were these little card tables set up on the floor for us and they were serving egg sandwiches in saran wrap with cheap wine in plastic cups. During the concert... And I suspect I was the youngest one in the whole audience, which means everyone was really really old... Fortunately, I was wearing a dress which is 20 years old and smells like mothballs, so I fit perfectly with the geriatric audience.  Serves me right for preferring to pay $40 a seat instead of full price at Place Des Arts. And no, I didn't see any runners, I think we scared them all away. 

happylily

Rick and D., the answers to your questions are in the above post. 

adkkev

Lily ... surprised that you didn't give some of those old geezers a coronary when they saw you in that dress!!  How many "hubba hubba"s did you get while you were there??

ps: glad you had a good time!!

happylily

Lily ... surprised that you didn't give some of those old geezers a coronary when they saw you in that dress!!  How many "hubba hubba"s did you get while you were there??

ps: glad you had a good time!!

Thank you! No hubba hubba, no. But some poor old lady came up to my table after the concert and asked me, for no reason, if the young conductor was my son.  Obviously an advanced case of senility. grrrrr.... Anyway, the answer was no, I am not related to the conductor in any way. :-)