Beginners and Beyond

My Boston adventure - RR and more (Read 140 times)

Great race and equally nice RR! Congrats!

B-Plus

HUGE Congrats, Jay!!   What an awesome race!!   I read your RR with my morning coffee and English muffin - it was the perfect breakfast companion. 

I can attest that it also goes well with a coffee and bagel.

Congrats Shirfan! What a great race you had! But if I may ask, what made you back off the sub-3 goal? I thought that would have been a given for you.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Awesome report, awesome finish time, awesome pictures! Thanks for sharing!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Love the Half

Very nice.  It is a wonderful race and you are right.  Driving around in Boston is not so bad but finding parking is ridiculous.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Dr. Cornsitter

Awesome RR! Little did you know that you were running my regular route when you were walking along Revere Beach (and you, too Goo!). Fabulous race and we'll look forward to seeing you in Boston again, soon!

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.

Thank you, everyone, for the kind words.

Rick - probably better that the first attempt was a failure, it forced me to train that much harder and get "hooked" on doing it right.

Adam - 3:03:34, it just sort of happened.  I really had no intention of running a PB.

Beth - thanks, your posts about training in similar craptacular weather all winter were big-time motivation.

SIAR - congrats again on your awesome race.  I've got some work to do if I'm gonna hang with you and Heidi, haha.

Goo - yes, great memories.  I agree, it wasn't a strange city for long, everything just sort of clicked.

Moth - thanks for stopping by over here, you were one of my biggest sources of motivation in getting there.

Ric-G - congrats on your PR as well.

D - Nah, I look like a dork in that picture, to steal a line from Lily Smile

Lily - Thank you.  Your post means a lot to me.

Fuzzy - congrats on the sub 3.  Beast!

B+ - I just didn't want to go for broke and risk a bad race, and wasn't 100% confident in my training.  This fall it won't matter if I blow up in pursuit of that goal.

Beach, Oski, Basya - great town, I will absolutely come back someday just a tourist.

Docket_Rocket

You do NOT look like a dork.  Sheesh.

Thank you, everyone, for the kind words.

Rick - probably better that the first attempt was a failure, it forced me to train that much harder and get "hooked" on doing it right.

Adam - 3:03:34, it just sort of happened.  I really had no intention of running a PB.

Beth - thanks, your posts about training in similar craptacular weather all winter were big-time motivation.

SIAR - congrats again on your awesome race.  I've got some work to do if I'm gonna hang with you and Heidi, haha.

Goo - yes, great memories.  I agree, it wasn't a strange city for long, everything just sort of clicked.

Moth - thanks for stopping by over here, you were one of my biggest sources of motivation in getting there.

Ric-G - congrats on your PR as well.

D - Nah, I look like a dork in that picture, to steal a line from Lily Smile

Lily - Thank you.  Your post means a lot to me.

Fuzzy - congrats on the sub 3.  Beast!

B+ - I just didn't want to go for broke and risk a bad race, and wasn't 100% confident in my training.  This fall it won't matter if I blow up in pursuit of that goal.

Beach, Oski, Basya - great town, I will absolutely come back someday just a tourist.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page