Beginners and Beyond

Penguins Can Eat What They Want Mondailies (Read 25 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

May 11 is Eat What You Want Day!  Indulge yourselves! 

Other May 11 Holidays:

Hostess Cupcake Day

Root Canal Appreciation Day

National Women's Check-Up Day!

National Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Awareness Day

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Did my 24th race of the year on Saturday:   http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/71e043be715e46e8bc765d26113695e2/resume#focus

Followed that up on Sunday morning with a run/walk at Fort Sam.  Had planned on an easy run after my 5K yesterday, but I got a bit motivated - or carried away, lol - and ended up doing 4 miles of hills...and the hills on Fort Sam ain't no baby hills either.   I felt pretty good most of the whole way, but the last 1/4 mile or so my legs were feeling it a bit.  Glad today is a non-run day! Weight training circuit for me after work.

Went back to the main page and caught up on all the race reports...sorry I had not responded earlier, fellow runners, life and work have been a bit crazy for the past couple weeks.   Reading all those reports...wow...we have some very impressive and speedy runners here!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 7 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

From the Internet.

Morning pens!

PAD, belated congrats on the sub-30 5K! Big grin

3 easy miles this morning, gym this afternoon and then no more gym until post-race! Weather for Sunday looks nearly perfect, next topic of worry: what to pack in my car for all my pre- and post-race needs!

Docket_Rocket

I must have missed it this weekend.  Congrats, PAD!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Morning pens!

PAD, belated congrats on the sub-30 5K! Big grin

3 easy miles this morning, gym this afternoon and then no more gym until post-race! Weather for Sunday looks nearly perfect, next topic of worry: what to pack in my car for all my pre- and post-race needs!

Good luck!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good morning Scott and Dock and Pens.

I grew up on Hostess Cupcakes.

SRD and going to the health club this afternoon.  Cutback week.

Have a great Monday.

...hi Lauren.

From the Internet.

Thanks D!

Hi Jerry!

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!

Scotty, thanks for starting us off.  Do we really need an "eat what you want" holiday?  That's pretty much every day of the year!

D, have a good 7.  Is your cold all better?

Jerry and Lauren, have a good club workout later!

I'm running a 5k today.  Because sapf thinks my 5k PR is soft so I'm going out to prove her right! Big grin    Not sure if this event will be RR worthy, but I'll definitely check back in here.

Docket_Rocket

Not yet but closer.  I had to stop a lot to sniffle and blow my nose yesterday.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Morning Pens - checking in before the day runs away.

Congrats PAD on your sub 30! I hope to do the same this year.

Enjoy your runs today, all. Still hanging low here and resting. Starting to get antsy...real antsy. Went for a very, very short walk with my grandsons to the park across the street yesterday. I can feel the after affects of chasing after them. Meanwhile, the thought of eating anything I want scares the b'jezzus out of me.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

GinnyinPA

Brilliant - a 5k on a Monday?  That's unusual.  I've thought about doing a local one in a month or so, but it's a big event and I have a feeling the crowds would make it difficult to get up to speed.  I may do it for fun though.

Scotty - I definitely don't need an eat all you want day.  I do too much of that already.

Damaris - good luck with your seven tonight.

Lauren - how far from home is your race?  I always bring a change of clothes, and then forget to put them on.

Jerry - have fun at the gym.

Rest day or xt for me.

From the Internet.

Brilliant - a 5k on a Monday?  That's unusual.  I've thought about doing a local one in a month or so, but it's a big event and I have a feeling the crowds would make it difficult to get up to speed.  I may do it for fun though.

Scotty - I definitely don't need an eat all you want day.  I do too much of that already.

Damaris - good luck with your seven tonight.

Lauren - how far from home is your race?  I always bring a change of clothes, and then forget to put them on.

Jerry - have fun at the gym.

Rest day or xt for me.

Ginny - it's almost two hours from my house, but only 50 minutes from my parents' house. I'm crashing on their couch the night before so I don't have to spend so much time in the car all at once. I figure if I get all my stuff together by Saturday morning I won't forget anything major.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Morning all!  5ish for me today.  Taper week. So I'm thinking 5/4/3/rest/rest/half?  Something along those lines.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

on my way to badass

Good morning Penguins!

Congrats PAD!  All that mileage killing you've been doing really paid off.

I did 5.4 today.  I started just a little too late for conditions.  We skipped right over Spring and are having full on Summer this week.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28