Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday DAILIES (Read 60 times)

flarunner

SmileWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Smile

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners. We're all a little crazy here too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up and stay awhile (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

flarunner

Mornin' All!

Did 8 miles this morning with 2 miles of hill repeats. It's warm out.

Have a great day everyone!

StepbyStep-SH

Good morning, Fla!

Working early, rather than running this morning, though I should have time to get a couple of warm-up miles in before my strength training class. The training schedule technically has today as a SRD/XT, but that would mean only running 4 days this week. Really? What does Pfitz know anyway? Big grin

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Top, Top, TOP of the morning there, flarunner & Step! Morning, Dailies!

Snuck out at 0530 for 4 miles today, and ran 4.1 with one of those "Moth" finishes for that last 0.1 miles (basically, a sprint-like run). Felt really good. Off to the showers now, and then to work.

Have a good one, everyone.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

flarunner

Mornin' Step!

Take it easy honey, don't want to aggravateany injuries. Smile

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hidy hidy ho

Haven't decided if running or not yet. May do one more recovery day. I do have Pilates and acupuncture appointment.

Today is my Friday. I'm off the rest of the week for vacation part 2 for my dads wedding.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Morning!

5-7 miles and weights, some of the miles with hubby.

flarunner, nice 8 with hill repeats.

Shari, yes, the first week of Pfitz 18/55 or 12/55 does not make any sense.

Tom, nice 4.

Marjorie, enjoy the run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Morning Fla, Step, Tom, Marj, Docket, everyone else.

Definitely been feeling the DOMS. I think after the race I said I would be running today, but I am now laughing at my misguided optimism. Mainly feeling it in the quads, whereas my usual problem areas are calf/achilles. I blame the hills. Will try to get some walking in anyway; still doing 1000% better than my previous marathon, where walking was not even an option for several days.

Have a great day!

Dave

Hip Redux

4 miles planned at lunch, if the rain holds out!

Morning all!

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning, everyone!

8 miles planned for me at some point today. I have the day off for bereavement. On Thursday my husband's 28-year-old cousin passed away unexpectedly so it's been a rough couple of days. The viewing last night was particularly difficult.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Hip Redux

I'm sorry, April.  Sad  So young.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Sorry April

Recovery day part three. I figure it is a good idea with the hip. Recovery miles sound wonderful but I will just run tomorrow.

Marjorie

Good morning, people.

flarunner, thank you for starting today's thread. Excellent eight with hill repeats.

Shari, enjoy running and strength training.

Tom, fantastic 4.1.

Marjorie, I hope that, running or no running, you feel well.

Damaris, have fun lifting and running.

DaveP MI, I hope that today goes well and that walking helps your quads.

Oski, I hope that rain stops for enough time for you to run for miles outdoors.

AprilRunner, my condolences to your and your husband's family. I hope that you have a pleasant eight-miler.

I am not impressed by the rainy weather, which is supposed to continue for at least the next two-and-a-half days. I did not run this morning, which means that I'll have to serve time, an hour, on the TM tonight. I'll also do the weights and cardio I'd planned to do. I'll do push-ups and ab work at home. Feh.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Morning! Today's plan called for a 31 minute easy fartlek of 2-3 miles. It was my first fartlek and I enjoyed it. The plan literally says to make it up as you go. So I did lol. Have a great day.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Jess runs for bacon

April, my condolences to you and Chris.

Its super muggy out today, I've got three easy planned. May do it on the TM if the humidity doesn't chill. But then again, I do need to get used to it. Blegh.