Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday DAILIES (Read 60 times)

LRB

(((((((AprilRunner))))))) Excellent eight-miler.

GOOD LUCK, MBC!!!!!!!

Robert, fantastic 4.5. I just do what I need to do. If I didn't exercise so much, my @$$ would be the size of New Hampshire.

Jay, 21.1? Are you training for another marathon?

Damaris, congratulations to DH! He's progressing very nicely. Brava on the weight and run; which body parts did you work?

I had an unexpected great trio o'workouts at the gym. Weights. An hour on the TM. Forty-five minutes on the AMT. I feel amazing, the complete antithesis of how I felt earlier in the day.

I played with the speed on the TM like this:

Mile 1 - 6.1mph (9:49)

Mile 2 - 6.2mph (9:40)

Mile 3 - 6.3mph (9:31)

Mile 4 - 6.4mph (9:22)

Mile 5 - 6.5mph (9:13)

Mile 6 - 6.6mph (9:05)

Mile .1 - 6.7mph (8:57)

Mile .2 - 6.8mph (8:50)

Mile .3 - 6.9mph (8:42)

Mile .07 - 7.0mph (8:35)

6.37 miles in 1:00:00.

Docket_Rocket

Today was overhead presses, single leg lunges and dead lifts, delt raises.

(((((((AprilRunner))))))) Excellent eight-miler.

GOOD LUCK, MBC!!!!!!!

Robert, fantastic 4.5. I just do what I need to do. If I didn't exercise so much, my @$$ would be the size of New Hampshire.

Jay, 21.1? Are you training for another marathon?

Damaris, congratulations to DH! He's progressing very nicely. Brava on the weight and run; which body parts did you work?

I had an unexpected great trio o'workouts at the gym. Weights. An hour on the TM. Forty-five minutes on the AMT. I feel amazing, the complete antithesis of how I felt earlier in the day.

I played with the speed on the TM like this:

Mile 1 - 6.1mph (9:49)

Mile 2 - 6.2mph (9:40)

Mile 3 - 6.3mph (9:31)

Mile 4 - 6.4mph (9:22)

Mile 5 - 6.5mph (9:13)

Mile 6 - 6.6mph (9:05)

Mile .1 - 6.7mph (8:57)

Mile .2 - 6.8mph (8:50)

Mile .3 - 6.9mph (8:42)

Mile .07 - 7.0mph (8:35)

6.37 miles in 1:00:00.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Great workouts, basya.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

B-Plus

Sorry for you and your DH April. Too young.

10 @ 7:58 w/ 8 strides. I'll do core work after dinner. The kitchen is looking pretty disgusting right now.

LRB

10 @ 7:58 w/ 8 strides.

Strides at the end of 10?  Boss.

B-Plus

Strides at the end of 10?  Boss.

It's something new this time around. I used to only do them at the end of Pfitz-style recovery runs. Also, get it right ... I stride like a BAUS!

Docket_Rocket

When you do them at the end, do you run your 10, do strides with rests in between or jogs?

It's something new this time around. I used to only do them at the end of Pfitz-style recovery runs. Also, get it right ... I stride like a BAUS!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

B-Plus

When you do them at the end, do you run your 10, do strides with rests in between or jogs?

I do them near the end of the run, usually within the last 1.5 - 2 miles, with about 60-90 second jog recoveries in between. How about everybody else?

LRB

It takes me a little less than 2 miles to do 8 strides and that's with one to two minute recoveries.  So if I'm running 7 miles, I begin around the 5 mile mark.

Docket_Rocket

I do the same. 4 to a mile with jogging until I finish that quarter.  So, I run 100m and easy until I reach 0.25.

I do them near the end of the run, usually within the last 1.5 - 2 miles, with about 60-90 second jog recoveries in between. How about everybody else?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

But I have heard some people say they run the whole distance and then the strides.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LRB

But I have heard some people say they run the whole distance and then the strides.

Right, we all do.  That covers quite a bit of distance though.  So the 8 strides that I do at the end of a 7 mile run need to begin way before the end, or it would end up being a 9 mile run.

StepbyStep-SH

I do them mostly like you do, though I really don't bother to measure any specific distance. Mine might be a little shorter than they should be.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

I mean they do run 9 miles, yes.  Which is why I got confused.  I do total what Pfitz say including the strides.  Some people do the whole distance easy AND then the strides.

I know there is no wrong way to do them but I have always done them the way we do.

Right, we all do.  That covers quite a bit of distance though.  So the 8 strides that I do at the end of a 7 mile run need to begin way before the end, or it would end up being a 9 mile run.

Damaris

Fundraising Page