Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday DAILIES (Read 60 times)

B-Plus

Right, we all do.  That covers quite a bit of distance though.  So the 8 strides that I do at the end of a 7 mile run need to begin way before the end, or it would end up being a 9 mile run.

Yep, it doesn't really matter. But coming from Pfitz, I've always done them at the end, as part of the run, since the plans say, "X miles with Y# of strides." The only constraint really is time. Of course if I'm doing them as part of a track workout, I just do them when convenient and the mileage is whatever it is at the end of it all. Shit, it's really time to get dinner going.

I do them mostly like you do, though I really don't bother to measure any specific distance. Mine might be a little shorter than they should be.

Yep again. I just wait for the straights and stride for about 3 lamp posts, which is normally about 10 seconds. So my recoveries aren't exactly measured either. Sometimes I also have to wait until there's less people on the walking path.

*MTA the bolded part

Will run for scenery.

Well, tonight I went back to where it all began.  I walked 5k with the humongous (many hundreds) running group downtown.  Brisk enough pace to sweat a little and feel some under-used muscles coming into play.  Calf felt fine - walking never seems to bother it.

Finished the evening with grilled sea bass, saffron risotto, and a Slovenian white wine. And another 2 miles of walking.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Docket_Rocket

jjs22, you had me at risotto.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page