Beginners and Beyond

Is it Spring Yet, ThursDAILIES? (Read 53 times)

Cool  WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!   Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners from injury, to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

Dave

Morning all!

My turn for the insomnia tonight, up at 4AM for no good reason. Which some of you crazies do anyway to run, but I don't. And because the answer to the subject question is no as of right now (currently 27 degrees / feels like 20), today will not be different.

Going to yoga shortly. And since Spring may in fact actually give us a sneak preview later today when it breaks 50, looking at a run after work of probably 6-8.

Have a great day everyone!

Dave

Good morning, everyone.

Thanks for starting today's thread, DaveP MI. Enjoy yoga and the post-work run.

In a bit, I'll do thirty-five push-ups and ab work. I'll do weights and forty-five minutes of cardio at the gym after work.

After yesterday's insomnia, I need some easy quiet time and to take my caffeine at a leisurely pace before returning to work.

LRB

Supp yo!

Those numbers you tossed out there means a run without a jacket this morning, I'll take that.

My new shoes (Brooks Adrenaline's) came in the mail yesterday so this will be my first run with them.  I have had a rough go it this spring trying to settle into a new trainer so my fingers are crossed.

They are not something I would have picked off the shelf, but I did what SIAR suggested and tried on every stability shoe in the store and these felt nice.

At this point, I just want something that I can depend on regardless of how it looks...wait, did I just say that?!

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I am awake too early to run this morning.  Working from home does allow me to do that if I am not too exhausted from the night before.  Weights if I have time.  I have a vet follow up visit with Trixie tonight.

Dave, sorry for the insomnia.

Basya, enjoy your workouts.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

LRB, enjoy your shoes!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

My new shoes (Brooks Adrenaline's) came in the mail yesterday so this will be my first run with them.  I have had a rough go it this spring trying to settle into a new trainer so my fingers are crossed.

Let us know how you like them, I am on my 2nd pair of GTS12's. Since they are on the 13 now, not sure whether they have made changes & whether I will want to stick with them. Curious to know what people have heard about the changes. Also what you think are other similar stability shoes worth trying.

Dave

flarunner

Mornin' Kidlets!

5 miles of tempo this morning in 71*, so yeah, spring has sprung. Next week it will be summer. Oh, I can't wait. Roll eyes

Have a fabulous Thursday!

delicate flower

It's Thursday and that's just how these things go sometimes!  I ellipticaled for an hour last night, just as I had planned.  Maybe next time when I say I'm going to use the elliptical, people will believe me.  I'm thinking of going for a road ride after work today.  If I decide not to, I'll at least do some spinning.  Go team.

<3

BruceD555

DaveP MI- Mornin' sir, thanks for kicking things off today. We're supposed to break 50 today as well, but I'm thinking winter has one more curve ball to throw yet this year. Enjoy those 6-8 after work tonight.

BasyaSpiliakos- Have a fun one at the gym tonight after work.

LRB- I don't know who you are but you'd better stop trying to impersonate our resident fashion ho. If you keep on listening to SIAR you might well be running in these guys. v

Docket_Rocket- Too early to run? I didn't think that time existed.

flarunner- Nice job on the tempo 5 miles this morning already. Yikes, 71 already at the time you ran is almost 20 degrees warmer than our HIGH temperature for today.

Baboon- Will this be the first road test? Clipless? Be careful out there and enjoy yourself!

I have 14 miles on tap for today after work. My legs were a bit sluggish last night after yesterday's intervals and I actually thought about throwing in a few recovery  miles on the TM this morning. However, my comfy bed won out and I decided to sleep in a bit for some "non-active" recovery.

Train smart ... race smarter.

Jess runs for bacon

Good morning dailies! Yesterday was a complete rest day, I didn't do a damn thing. So lots to do today to make up for it. Going to do my ITB rehab in a little bit, then this afternoon my friend and I are grinning at the local park, hoping to do 4.

ugh Cole Haan is having a huge sale, they have a $400 pair of boots for $120. Want want want. Sad thing is I have 2 pairs of $150 sandals I got foveered coming any day now and I still want more shoes.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I finally got my race report and photos posted for my April Fool's Day 5K.   Report is on Runner's World and also at this link on this forum:  http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/Post/88fb90c843534e25b60df63370551e1f#focus

Rest day yesterday and glad of it. Around 2 PM it started POURING, and the rain continued through most of the night  Very nice because we need it badly.    Also brought a bit of a cool front in, a nippy 48 degrees this morning.  That will be changing to 74 degrees by this afternoon, with a nice low dewpoint and low humidity, making for some refreshing cooler air.  Just at my run time too, sweet!  Plan on some hill work of about 4 miles or so after work.

Dave, I think we are alternating in San Antonio between Spring and Summer.  Mother Nature can't make up her mind, as we have been going back and forth from 40s and 60s in the morning and 60s and 80s in the afternoons.  Today my run temp after work will be around 74 - 76 degrees.   Sorry about the insomnia, Dave.

Good luck with the weights and cardio, Basya!  Hope your insomnia has resolved.

Yay for new shoes, LRB!  Hope they work great for you!

Why is it 'too early' to run Damaris?  Is it not safe to run around there at certain early hours?  Enjoy your working from home today and hope Trixie gets a nice clean bill of health from the vet.

I see, flarunner, that you got our usual morning temps. Looks like your area and San Antonio did a  switcheroo for a bit, as we are at 49 this morning.  Congrats on getting your miles in this morning, 'swimming' through that 71 degrees and humidity.

Congrats on your workout, Phil.  Why would people not believe you about the elliptical

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

delicate flower

Baboon- Will this be the first road test? Clipless? Be careful out there and enjoy yourself!

This will be my second ride.  I did 23 miles this past Saturday.  I'm using the clipless.  I need to keep it easy and am not allowed to do hills.  So, I'll just go out and back on the flat paved rail trail.

Enjoy your 14 today!

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Good luck with the 14, Bruce!    Yeah, I can relate to the comfy bed, I am SO not a morning person.  But I was up at 5 this morning, as Gail was getting ready to to to the Y for a 6 a.m. spin class.  So here I am at work early.  Oh well.

Grinning at the park, Lilac?   Enjoy your miles with your friend!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

YAYpril - B-Plus

Goooooood morning!

I had a dream that LRB was volunteering at my race on Saturday.

Thinking about 4 miles at lunch. Maybe with fartleks? Who knows. The forecast for early next week is calling for high 60's and low 70's. Whoa momma.