Beginners and Beyond

Whew!! UConn gets 'er dun!!!! Bye, bye Kentucky freshmen..... (Read 24 times)

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Sorry Calipari!!  Go find another batch of freshmen cuz this one just got their asses beat!!

Congrats to UConn!

I had a soft spot for Wisconsin but they just didn't deserve to go with the way they played that last game so if not them, then UConn!

Now bring on....The Masters!!!  

Randy

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Good game.  I did not think UConn was gonna get it done but they surprised me.  Glad they won since I'm not a big fan of Kentucky....except for their race horses. 

Yeah, I was hoping too Wisconsin would be the ultimate one finally - no championship in...what...something like 70 years?  But they just could not get it done.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Hip Redux

A zombie force from a late night here at work.  And we get to do it all over again tonight!

Zzzzzzzzzzz.

delicate flower

I am starting to think that Kevin Ollie might be a suitable replacement for Jim Calhoun.

<3

RSX

1 of my friends has gone to the 3 Final Fours that UConn won. The one he stayed home for they lost. His FB posts there have been great.

Hip Redux

Shabazz kinda needed to keep his mouth shut.  "This is what happens when you ban us"?  Really?    Though, it'd be kinda funny if they ended up with an APR violation again because of this team's academics.

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Interesting.  I was heading out the door as the game ended & didn't get to see the post-game stuff.  I didn't know he said that, but according to this writer........

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/24518524/shabazz-napier-uses-stage-to-create-one-really-great-and-awkward-moment

.....it almost sounds warranted given that he's of the impression that Emmert embarrassed himself already trying to justify it.

I dunno......I think the whole thing's a joke anyway.  I won't say *all* but I'll say *most* are probably just students by name on their way to the NBA or wherever they end up, and in the short-term, all for the sake of a potential run at the NCAA title.

Calipari knows this all too well already.

Randy

Hip Redux

Here's an article:

http://q.usatoday.com/2014/04/08/connecticut-huskies-shabazz-napier-ncaa-tournament-post-game-celebration-apr-ban/

In particular:

Moreover, it’s almost impossible for a program with UConn’s resources to fail so miserably in the APR that it would miss the postseason. Before it even gets to that point, the NCAA warns you. Then they take away scholarships. And only then, if the APR problems haven’t been fixed, does a postseason ban come into play.

UConn is the only high-profile athletic program in any sport to receive an APR postseason ban.

We're #1!  We're #1!

lol

Yeah, I get the rule is sort of weird the way that they do it, and really, who cares about a college education when you can play basketball!  But UConn really botched the whole thing on their own.

RSX

I just don't expect a 22 year old kid to say all the right things when they win or lose a big game.

Richard Sherman in the NFC Championship game came across as an idiot after the game. Then this massive PR campaign started for him being a Stanford grad etc.