Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES are in a good mood (Read 40 times)

Cyberic

It is Friday, after all.

Cyberic

Extended my commute to an hour, so 7.X miles (too lazy to convert kilometers to miles this morning).

I started in the dark and got to try my new head lamp, the Black Diamond Sprinter, designed for the city runner that I am. Then the sun came out, the sky is blue, the air is cool, the humidity is low. Thin gloves were perfect. Got to work with a smile on my face.

GC100k

2nd day of the two day fall break at my school. I had the weight room all to myself for an hour. Awesome.

oldfartrunner

Morning Runners,

SRD for me as I think about racing tomorrow all day.  

CY: Nice job with the RC.

GC: Sounds like you got your RDA of Iron.

Image result for pictures of arnold schwarzenegger bodybuilding

delicate flower

Not only is it FRIDAY, but I get to leave work in two hours.  HOORAY!!  I've got to drive into Hartford after work for packet pickup for tomorrow's HM.  Of course you pick up your bib in the front, then have to walk all the way through the expo to get your shirt in the back.

I ran 3 easy miles in the COLD before work.  Too bad I couldn't save that weather for tomorrow. 

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and 6-8 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

4 miles with 6x60m tiny strides, in 42 degree freezing rain. IDK how the rain was frozen at 42, but trust me, it was. And freezing hands too; I don't normally need gloves at those temps, but getting wet, they went pretty numb.

Dave

delicate flower

Wife and I got invited to the USA Triathlon National Championships thanks to our age group wins in our August race.  It's actually kind of tough to earn a spot, so it was cool to do that.  We're not going though due to timing and location (Cleveland).  That'd be a huge schlep for a 2.5 hour race where I'd finish mid-pack if I was lucky.

<3

Wife and I got invited to the USA Triathlon National Championships thanks to our age group wins in our August race.  It's actually kind of tough to earn a spot, so it was cool to do that.  We're not going though due to timing and location (Cleveland).  That'd be a huge schlep for a 2.5 hour race where I'd finish mid-pack if I was lucky.

Cool! Whaddya got against Cleveland? Mad because they couldn't beat the Yankees?

Dave

Cyberic

Congrats on the invite!

zzyzx

lifting: abs, lat pulldown (aborted because my hand was hurting), chest press, torso rotation

Exercise bike: level 13 hill setting 30 minutes... there was something on the news on the gym TV that was infuriating me so I was inspired I guess. 10.53 miles. Best in ages!

KCRuns

Congrats on the invite, Baboon!  That's awesome!

OFR & Docket - GOOD LUCK THIS WEEKEND!

GOOD LUCK to anyone else racing this weekend that I don't know about!

SRD for me.  I think after today I'll be good to get back to my normal routine.  I'll keep everything easy pace for another week, but I'm getting antsy.  I want to spend the next few months building my base mileage to the 40s.  I won't have trouble getting there, but I need to work on getting my daily 5 milers up a little so I can easily stay there consistently.

oldfartrunner

4 miles with 6x60m tiny strides, in 42 degree freezing rain. IDK how the rain was frozen at 42, but trust me, it was. And freezing hands too; I don't normally need gloves at those temps, but getting wet, they went pretty numb.

Is that the weather forecast for your race?  Tracking mine 75 @ 8:30.

there was something on the news on the gym TV that was infuriating me 

I hear ya.

Dave

oldfartrunner

Nice work!  Good luck tomorrow too!