Beginners and Beyond

I am not part of the 5% (Read 272 times)

Love the Half

I heard on the radio this morning that 95% of people on ESPN's brackets chose New Mexico over Harvard.  I did as well.  In fact, I have New Mexico in the Sweet 16.  I'm not part of the 1% and now, apparently, I'm not part of the 5% either.  Big grin

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Ball of Fury

I was excited I picked California correctly....figured UNLV team was full of degenerate gamblers!  But, no didn't get Harvard!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Yea, my West regional isn't looking so hot. I put New Mexico into the Sweet Sixteen. Whoops.

They'll tell you that failure is not an option.  That's ridiculous.  Failure is always an option.  It is the easiest and most readily available option.  It's your choice though.

Ball of Fury

I have Oklahoma State...bummer!

Yea, my West regional isn't looking so hot. I put New Mexico into the Sweet Sixteen. Whoops.

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

happylily

I don't understand anything of what you're saying... Is that some American sport parlance?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

It's March Madness, woman!! Smile  It's a yearly U.S. College Basketball tournament. The most glorious (and least productive) American work week of the year.

I don't understand anything of what you're saying... Is that some American sport parlance?

They'll tell you that failure is not an option.  That's ridiculous.  Failure is always an option.  It is the easiest and most readily available option.  It's your choice though.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

March Madness is a basketball tournament that includes all but the 5 worst teams in a tournament to see who is better at dribbling in their shorts.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

happylily

It's March Madness, woman!! Smile  It's a yearly U.S. College Basketball tournament. The most glorious (and least productive) American work week of the year.

Aww! Thanks! How do you guys keep track of all these sports you love? It's just incredible! Here, we just stick to hockey. So much simpler. :-)

Coach K will get his 109,324th(ish) win, and DUKE will win the whole deal!  -- And that is where all the ponts are at, the most important, and final bracket. Big grin

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

LRB

Even the President ( a Harvard Law School grad) is not a part of the 5%.  Oh, the irony!

By way of example, it's equivalent to the Maple Leafs beating the Penguins (or whoever is #1 and unbeatable) in the 1st round.

Although it's the same type of stadium, they cover the ice and bounce a ball.

It's not hockey, it's not professional, they're 18 years old, they're not in the OHL QMHL, or equivalent.

I guess it's like McMaster vs. Guelph in hockey, but basketball, and it's bigger than that, and people at work pretend they're good at guessing a winner.  Stupid time of the year here south of the border.

Cheers,

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

happylily

By way of example, it's equivalent to the Maple Leafs beating the Penguins (or whoever is #1 and unbeatable) in the 1st round.

Although it's the same type of stadium, they cover the ice and bounce a ball.

It's not hockey, it's not professional, they're 18 years old, they're not in the OHL QMHL, or equivalent.

I guess it's like McMaster vs. Guelph in hockey, but basketball, and it's bigger than that, and people at work pretend they're good at guessing a winner.  Stupid time of the year here south of the border.

Cheers,

LOL... Thanks! Now I feel more educated. Big grin

Coach K will get his 109,324th(ish) win, and DUKE will win the whole deal!  -- And that is where all the ponts are at, the most important, and final bracket. Big grin

Top 12 reasons everyone hates Duke

Posted on Facebook by my friend the Duke alum. Maybe that is reason #13, that they seem to revel in how much they are hated. She is married to a Michigan State grad, so they have had a few tense tournament moments. Potentially another in the Sweet 16 round this year.

Lily: Duke = Red Wings.

Dave

delicate flower

I went 9-7 yesterday.  Brutal.  I picked a few upsets and got them all wrong.  I've only lost one Sweet 16 team so far though so I'm not worried too much.  Bracket points go up as the tourney progresses.

<3

delicate flower

Even the President ( a Harvard Law School grad) is not a part of the 5%.  Oh, the irony!

I took a look at Obama's bracket and I am not impressed.  His Sweet 16 consists of all the 1 through 4 seeds, with the exception of Wisconsin which is a 5 seed.  Cripes, anyone can go chalk on their bracket.  I do give him credit for not advancing all the 1 seeds to the Final Four, so at least he went outside the box a little on that.  He's got a 1, 1, 2, and 3.  History does show that a top three seed usually wins this thing.  I've got Miami.

<3