Beginners and Beyond

I am not part of the 5% (Read 272 times)

RSX

I never liked McCarver as an announcer. I never liked Vin Scully either but part of that is due to him calling the 86 WS. His slow roller to Buckner replay was shown way too many times.

Hope you're right. I'm a huge IU fan and remember that Illinois loss all too well. Either way, I don't see Colorado or Illinois making it past Miami.

You shouldn't worry so much about that one. Colorado is supposedly under-seeded. Illinois has had some big wins (Gonzaga, Indiana, Ohio State), but a lot of really bad losses, and they are completely reliant on their ability to hit threes, which comes & goes at random.

They'll tell you that failure is not an option.  That's ridiculous.  Failure is always an option.  It is the easiest and most readily available option.  It's your choice though.

Hope you're right. I'm a huge IU fan and remember that Illinois loss all too well. Either way, I don't see Colorado or Illinois making it past Miami.

I hope I'm wrong!!

Dave

thekl0wn

Pigtail Connoisseur

With any luck, they will pull their heads out of their asses and win the thing like they should this year.  I've been watching my entire life waiting for this season...  but judging by the past few games, I fear a Cinderella upset.

Something witty

Village people

With any luck, they will pull their heads out of their asses and win the thing like they should this year.  I've been watching my entire life waiting for this season...  but judging by the past few games, I fear a Cinderella upset.

They were talking about March Madness drinking games on the radio. Cinderella was one the words to listen for. Everyone take a drink!

Gonna turn this into an IU thread for just a sec.....

I'm kinda putting all my eggs in this season's basket. You have to figure between losing the seniors (Hulls, Watford, and Elston), and Oladipo and probably Zeller to the pros, this is the best chance they've had in ages. If you look at our regional though, there aren't a lot of teams who are gonna get up in our jock. We should be able to run our offense and not be forced to play a slower brand of basketball. Thank God Wisconsin isn't in this regional. Assuming we get past NC State/Temple and Syracuse, the Miami matchup should be interesting.

IU thread over.

They'll tell you that failure is not an option.  That's ridiculous.  Failure is always an option.  It is the easiest and most readily available option.  It's your choice though.

Ball of Fury

I only missed 4 yesterday so I am sure today I will get killed!!  Oh, and another IU fan here!!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Sorry to rain on the Hoosier parade, but they are still the one Big 10 team I have a tough time getting behind come tournament time. Due to my aforementioned '80's Illinois pedigree, I still have that bitter Bobby Knight taste in my mouth (OK that did not sound right, but you get the idea)., That stuff lasts decades.

Dave

LRB

Sorry to rain on the Hoosier parade, but they are still the one Big 10 team I have a tough time getting behind come tournament time. Due to my aforementioned '80's Illinois pedigree, I still have that bitter Bobby Knight taste in my mouth (OK that did not sound right, but you get the idea)., That stuff lasts decades.

Ditto to what da Bulls did to my beloved Pistons in '91.  It lead to a decade long stint in the eastern conference cellar with them beating us something like 678,000 times in a row.  When we finally broke that streak, Doug Collins (our coach at the time) cried like a baby lmao!

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Kyle Dake is dominating the NCAA wrestling championships.  WOW!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Ditto to what da Bulls did to my beloved Pistons in '91.  It lead to a decade long stint in the eastern conference cellar with them beating us something like 678,000 times in a row.  When we finally broke that streak, Doug Collins (our coach at the time) cried like a baby lmao!

LOL, I was on the Bulls side of that one. I remember that playoff win vividly (Isiah & his buddies walking off the court before time actually expired), it was so sweet because the Pistons were the team the Bulls could not get past until then. I moved to MI in '92, so was really in enemy territory. That was back when Jordan was almost universally admired & beloved everywhere (before gambling, baseball, Wizards, Bobcats, HOF speech, etc.); Detroit remained vehemently anti-Jordan for a very long time.

Dave

Duke is taking care of business. Good start to the Friday games. Really need Wisconsin to step it up!

Ball of Fury

I picked Ole Miss!!  I'm on a roll!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Village people

I miss Chuck Daly Sad

delicate flower

I picked Ole Miss!!  I'm on a roll!

LOL I am getting destroyed in this pool.  I may have to tap out in day two.

<3