Beginners and Beyond

I am not part of the 5% (Read 272 times)

Village people

LOL I am getting destroyed in this pool.  I may have to tap out in day two.

Being ranked a #5 is a curse, I always pick them to go down.

Same here. I've just decided to hang my hat on the fact that I won last year. I'm going to go home, drink some delicious beer, and enjoy some basketball. Have a great weekend everyone. Happy watching!

LOL I am getting destroyed in this pool.  I may have to tap out in day two.

They'll tell you that failure is not an option.  That's ridiculous.  Failure is always an option.  It is the easiest and most readily available option.  It's your choice though.

thekl0wn

Pigtail Connoisseur

<- Still a Bob Knight fan.  Big grin

Sorry to rain on the Hoosier parade, but they are still the one Big 10 team I have a tough time getting behind come tournament time. Due to my aforementioned '80's Illinois pedigree, I still have that bitter Bobby Knight taste in my mouth (OK that did not sound right, but you get the idea)., That stuff lasts decades.

Something witty

Village people

He used to give some pretty interesting press conferences.

Any Lou Henson fans out there? Anyone?

Dave

thekl0wn

Pigtail Connoisseur

Oh, and if any of you other schmucks are stuck at work like me...  http://www.ncaa.com/march-madness

Something witty

And for those whose stupid companies block such things, live streaming video also available via iPhone/iPad app.

Dave

Love the Half

Following my pattern of the past couple of years, I have done well on day 1 and stunk it up on day 2.  I have Wisconsin in the Final Four.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

With 6 games completed today I'm 2-4 with Duke and Miami (FL) my only winners.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Ball of Fury

I have missed 7 picks and am in 4th right now so still have a chance, I guess.  2 of my sweet 16 are out though.

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

LRB

I miss Chuck Daly Sad

My man Daddy Rich!  There will never be another.

delicate flower

I know some of you think you are doing lousy with you bracket, and you're all like "Hahahaha, yeah, my bracket stinks too!"  But chew on this:  I am currently ranked 100th out of my 106 person office pool.  O'Doyle rules!  I won this thing a few years ago and the pot was hearty, so I figure I'm set for life on my tournament entry fee.  Big grin

<3

Village people

My man Daddy Rich!  There will never be another.

Fun times with those bad boys. I used to catch some of the games against the Celtics on the radio. Johnny Most used to call Rodman and Salley, Mustard and Relish. It took me a few minutes to figure out who he was talking about.

Village people

I know some of you think you are doing lousy with you bracket, and you're all like "Hahahaha, yeah, my bracket stinks too!"  But chew on this:  I am currently ranked 100th out of my 106 person office pool.  O'Doyle rules!  I won this thing a few years ago and the pot was hearty, so I figure I'm set for life on my tournament entry fee.  Big grin

I came in 3rd in the L&O pool, last year.  I led for most of the tournament.

delicate flower

I have Georgetown in the Final Four.  YOU GOTTA BE SHITTIN ME.

<3