Beginners and Beyond

I am not part of the 5% (Read 272 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Duke is my last hope of having one team in the Final four and I did not pick them for the Championship Game. This has to be the worst year I've ever had for picking teams.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Love the Half

LRB, what would you have said going into the tournament if I told you Michigan would be the last Big 10 team standing?

I wouldn't have picked it but, given how this season went, absolutely nothing would surprise me.  We went something like five weeks in a row where the #1 team lost.  Moreover, every team in the top 10 had at least one bad loss.  This year, for the first time in a while, I had zero confidence in my picks.  Don't get me wrong.  My picks have been awful.  I had Wisconsin in the Final Four.  I had Indiana winning it all.  Still, this has been a year in which March Madness lived up to its name.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

I wouldn't have picked it but, given how this season went, absolutely nothing would surprise me.  We went something like five weeks in a row where the #1 team lost.  Moreover, every team in the top 10 had at least one bad loss.  This year, for the first time in a while, I had zero confidence in my picks.  Don't get me wrong.  My picks have been awful.  I had Wisconsin in the Final Four.  I had Indiana winning it all.  Still, this has been a year in which March Madness lived up to its name.

True that.

I think we say this every year about both the season & the tournament, but I think this year has topped them all.

That stretch where the #1 ranked team kept losing every week - insane.

And someone is going to have the stat soon enought, but I would be surprised if we ever had a final 4 with the average seed this low - we have a 1, 4, 4, 9.

There certainly have been a lot of great games & endings during the tournament, but the Elite 8 games were pretty disappointing. All of them were blowouts, with the exception of OSU-WSU, which only got close near the end.

Dave

delicate flower

This is a weird year where I'll be happy for whatever team wins.  I can't even pick one to root against.  I like Pitino and Boeheim, I'm happy for Michigan for finally getting back, and of course a nine seed winning it all would be really cool.

<3

This is a weird year where I'll be happy for whatever team wins.  I can't even pick one to root against.  I like Pitino and Boeheim, I'm happy for Michigan for finally getting back, and of course a nine seed winning it all would be really cool.

I didn't think anyone liked Pitino!

I usually like to look at this stage & see which matchup the network would hate the most. They are probably not in too bad a situation; Louisville & Syracuse are traditional b-ball powerhouses, Michigan has a big following in general. Wichita State is the only nobody, but they'd have to play a somebody.

Dave