Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #133 (Read 30 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Morning peeps.

10 miles this morning on my blades, shins are feeling relatively good, except for my right shin but the area is where there is a nasty chaffing wound from last Thursday rollerblading without long socks 

Right adductor was still feeling a tiny bit sore or tight, not bad though and I was careful.

My arms are taking longer to getting used to hanging down or swinging, the aches are between my elbows and hands... eh hopefully they'll get used to it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

KCRuns

3.6 miles this morning with 14x :20/1:00 strides.  They were supposed to start at 5k and work my way down to mile pace, but it's been so long since I've pushed myself that I started just under 10k and worked my way down to a little below 5k pace.

Cyberic

bailed on my run after 2.5 miles -ish this morning. Didn't feel like being out there running. Don't feel like being here working either. Those are pretty much the only two things I do, though.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I do miss running, so much... but rollerblading is the only way I'll ever finish 10 miles in an hour or so 

The Bob's Gym franchise will be opening back up May 24, there are 4...? locations - one all the way on the Westside of Evansville, one on the Northside of Evansville and a 3rd on the Eastside of Evansville. Mine, the 4th one is in Newburgh.

Normally they're 24/7 but upon opening and for some time they will be 5 am to 10 PM so they can sanitize and blah blah blah. But their facebook post stated the Eastside location would resume normal hours  Weird, I might end up relocating to that one.

Seriously, I am antisocial and prefer a gym that is a ghost town - their busiest hours are 5 am to 10 pm during a normal situation, I can only imagine what it will be like now... hopefully a lot of people won't even want to show up at 5 am.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Docket_Rocket

I do miss running, so much... but rollerblading is the only way I'll ever finish 10 miles in an hour or so 

The Bob's Gym franchise will be opening back up May 24, there are 4...? locations - one all the way on the Westside of Evansville, one on the Northside of Evansville and a 3rd on the Eastside of Evansville. Mine, the 4th one is in Newburgh.

Normally they're 24/7 but upon opening and for some time they will be 5 am to 10 PM so they can sanitize and blah blah blah. But their facebook post stated the Eastside location would resume normal hours  Weird, I might end up relocating to that one.

Seriously, I am antisocial and prefer a gym that is a ghost town - their busiest hours are 5 am to 10 pm during a normal situation, I can only imagine what it will be like now... hopefully a lot of people won't even want to show up at 5 am.

That's assuming IN gets to Stage 3. The next two weeks will be key.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Morning! I have 5 and weights.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

onemile

I have not found that I can rollerblade any faster than I can run

onemile

bailed on my run after 2.5 miles -ish this morning. Didn't feel like being out there running. Don't feel like being here working either. Those are pretty much the only two things I do, though.

on Sunday, I really really didn't feel like running so I didn't

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I have not found that I can rollerblade any faster than I can run

I can, thankfully.. but you're much faster than me running. I can probably rollerblade as fast as you run 

Oh and they'll be opening, if they don't want to end up closing for good. They froze monthly fees, already a couple of small local gyms in our area have closed for good due to this mess. The Y would survive due to it is a much larger franchise but Bob's would close at least one of their locations and it will most likely be mine 

PRs

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Man I'm jealous of my friends who are already hitting the Mexican Restaurants... my son is a picky eater and don't care for any of their food... and DH is at the point where he prefers my cooking over restaurants, damn it.

PRs

Half Crazy K 2.0

6+ miles with 4 x 1-almost-k at 5k/faster than 5k pace plus lower body strength training. Had some company on my elementary school "track" this morning. There is some sort of construction going on, so a handful of trucks, plus a cop who does paperwork there and 1 walker I see every morning. No issues with distancing,

sdWhiskers

I think it will be a long time before I go to a gym again. Sanitation and people's responsibility for their own hygiene is highly questionable during just normal times.

Ran 7.5 miles, starting at 5:45am   Tried to get in at least 5 before MrW left for work--I don't feel comfortable leaving DS home alone (he's 7) and going too far. But running 7 miles as small loops around the neighborhood is awful. So, compromise.

His hospital is testing patients, using PPE and turning away higher risk individuals (for surgery) which is nice to hear. But not testing any of the doctors/nurses 

bluerun

Super B****

10 on the AlterG + strides. Then I went to get a paper, one of those free dailies that I used to pick up on my way to work just so I could have the crossword puzzles. Except that the boxes in my neighborhood have only had them on Mondays for the past few weeks, which is really weird, so I was going to bike over into Manhattan to satisfy my curiosity over whether they have them there on other days of the week. I needed a dry day for this, since riding a bike is terrifying enough without wet pavement. Then I realized I wouldn't be able to see a damn thing if I wear sunglasses and a mask, so I'm probably just going to drive into Manhattan later. My car is going to be so excited to go somewhere other than from one side of the street to the other!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Man I'm jealous of my friends who are already hitting the Mexican Restaurants... my son is a picky eater and don't care for any of their food... and DH is at the point where he prefers my cooking over restaurants, damn it.

You could order for yourself for lunch and then cook for everybody else.

There are around 25 mexican restaurants near my house. I order around 3-4 times a week from them. Have not ordered from all yet. LOL

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Runshortii

His hospital is testing patients, using PPE and turning away higher risk individuals (for surgery) which is nice to hear. But not testing any of the doctors/nurses 

Our hospital isn’t testing any doctors or nurses either unless we’re symptomatic. Actually I heard in surgery they did test people because there was an exposure..in the ED though they aren’t testing any of us though, just taking our temperatures daily (I guess they figure were always exposed no matter what? Idk) Which is funny, because everyone I personally know that has gotten COVID didn’t even have a fever