Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES "Insight" (Read 34 times)

LRB

From a note I received from Garmin Connect this morning:

"We're seeing a pattern on Mondays. You tend to log fewer steps. Even if it's your rest day, boost your step count by taking a short walk, parking farther away or taking the stairs. Just keep moving!"

Bitch, is you is or is you ain't crazy? If I could get through Monday without putting a single foot on the floor, I would sign up for that shit in a heartbeat.

Stupid asses.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I wouldn't appreciate Garmin (or anyone) telling me I need to move more.

I rode 25 with my legs made of jelly.  I am really feeling yesterday's ride.  I want no extra steps today.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

delicate flower

'Morning!  Due to my being lazy, both me and DW missed our morning swims today.  I'll do it after work.  I probably shouldn't run today so my injury can heal.

<3

onemile

Garmin's insights are awesome. You can go and run 10 miles and an hour later it is bitching at you to "Move!"

I ran 8

From a note I received from Garmin Connect this morning:

"We're seeing a pattern on Mondays. You tend to log fewer steps. Even if it's your rest day, boost your step count by taking a short walk, parking farther away or taking the stairs. Just keep moving!"

Bitch, is you is or is you ain't crazy? If I could get through Monday without putting a single foot on the floor, I would sign up for that shit in a heartbeat.

Stupid asses.

Why is GC sending you messages? 

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 5 miles tonight.  Working mostly standing up today (stand up desk) to help my sore muscles (not many but it helps).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Didn't know whether the new plan would put me at 6 or 7 days. I now have the plan. I still don't know. Today it calls for "OFF or 30-40 min easy". Looks like most Mondays are something like this, so I guess my option. I opted to run 4 miles. Because (1) mileage on this plan does not look too high in general, and (2), my whole purpose of going on this plan was to do something different, and running 7 days is definitely different. So, we'll see how it goes.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Didn't know whether the new plan would put me at 6 or 7 days. I now have the plan. I still don't know. Today it calls for "OFF or 30-40 min easy". Looks like most Mondays are something like this, so I guess my option. I opted to run 4 miles. Because (1) mileage on this plan does not look too high in general, and (2), my whole purpose of going on this plan was to do something different, and running 7 days is definitely different. So, we'll see how it goes.

You can always alternate or take that OFF or day as needed.  Like if you're extra sore or tired, then off, and if not, then a short run?  Most often than not, I bet you'll run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

That GC note is the only observation I've ever gotten. Since Friday is usually a rest day, I've had it twice. Since Monday is usually cross-training, I got it again. (Not many steps on my stationary bike.)  If I'm still doing 10,000 steps on my off day, shut up already.

You can always alternate or take that OFF or day as needed.  Like if you're extra sore or tired, then off, and if not, then a short run?  Most often than not, I bet you'll run.

Yeah that's kind of what I figure. A 4 mile run is almost like not running. If I made the decision I want to be running 7 days, probably the only thing that would make me take a day off is any major conflicts due to travel, etc.

Dave

onemile

Yeah that's kind of what I figure. A 4 mile run is almost like not running. If I made the decision I want to be running 7 days, probably the only thing that would make me take a day off is any major conflicts due to travel, etc.

I consider my 5 mile easy day equivalent to a rest day and 4 is even better.

When I used the McMillan plan I usually rounded the time up to distances. Like if it said to run for 60 minutes, I would run 7 miles, even if it took me a few minutes longer.

I consider my 5 mile easy day equivalent to a rest day and 4 is even better.

When I used the McMillan plan I usually rounded the time up to distances. Like if it said to run for 60 minutes, I would run 7 miles, even if it took me a few minutes longer.

Yeah, I expect to stick to my "even number of miles" habit even though they give you number of minutes, and err on the high side. Because of the whole minutes thing, it's hard for me to tell what the weekly mileage peaks at without doing a bunch of work, but it doesn't look super high.

Do you know if there is a way to export the workout calendar into some other format e.g. excel? I don't see anything on the website. Not sure if things work differently now than when you did it.

Dave

onemile

Do you know if there is a way to export the workout calendar into some other format e.g. excel? I don't see anything on the website. Not sure if things work differently now than when you did it.

I actually think they emailed it to me as a spreadsheet. Or some type of attachment. I didn't have a website to log into.

From the Internet.

Sometimes you just need to take a mind-numbing workout and hammer it into the ground with consistency. 12x400 with 80-90s jog, aimed for 1:40 per rep and only went over on two of 'em (1:42 for the first, a hair over 1:40 for the third). Just over 9 miles with warmup/cooldown.

Heading to my Nana's wake later. Reading at the funeral mass tomorrow. I needed a good workout to get through it all.

From the Internet.

This is how I did it marathon training in the spring. Monday was either a rest day or a few easy miles, depending on how I felt.