Beginners and Beyond

It's Back To Work WEDNESDAILIES & I have Just One Question? (Read 332 times)

Docket_Rocket

I've been known to do that.  Oops.

Kay, that's crazy.  Next time just fake it and load your plate up with something you actually want to eat.  Then when no one is looking, dump the other crap!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

April, also don't stress if you eat meat.  I've broken my veg eating every so often.  Just get back on the horse and keep at it.  Even if you eat meat once a month, you're doing so much good the rest of the month, it counts!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

@runjerseygirl

Hence, my excessive drinking the last few days.  I may or may not have gotten in trouble yesterday.  Oops.

Kay, that's crazy.  Next time just fake it and load your plate up with something you actually want to eat.  Then when no one is looking, dump the other crap!

Do you even run?

Jess runs for bacon

All of you make me sooooo glad I am not married.

YAYpril - B-Plus

I broke the news to him via text message because I'm a classy gal. I just told him that the clean-eating I'm doing for January (but actually starting today) will also include no meat, because more fruits and veggies isn't a bad thing! His response was "ok."His lack of a genuine response means he's not thrilled about it, but oh well. I've gotta do it for me.

D, I totally get it. As of right this moment, to ease into the transition, I'm not going to grill chefs on what kind of stock/broth a dish was made with, stuff like that. If I can help it, I'll eat no meat but if I happen to go out to dinner and my dinner choices are a plate of french fries or a piece of chicken, I'd probably take the chicken so that I don't starve.

That being said, my January "detox" will also include minimal dining out, so that should make it easy for me at least for right now.

LRB

I broke the news to him via text message because I'm a classy gal. I just told him that the clean-eating I'm doing for January (but actually starting today) will also include no meat, because more fruits and veggies isn't a bad thing! His response was "ok."

Oh boy!

@runjerseygirl

That's about the only way I can tell my husband anything.

I broke the news to him via text message because I'm a classy gal. I just told him that the clean-eating I'm doing for January (but actually starting today) will also include no meat, because more fruits and veggies isn't a bad thing! His response was "ok."His lack of a genuine response means he's not thrilled about it, but oh well. I've gotta do it for me.

D, I totally get it. As of right this moment, to ease into the transition, I'm not going to grill chefs on what kind of stock/broth a dish was made with, stuff like that. If I can help it, I'll eat no meat but if I happen to go out to dinner and my dinner choices are a plate of french fries or a piece of chicken, I'd probably take the chicken so that I don't starve.

That being said, my January "detox" will also include minimal dining out, so that should make it easy for me at least for right now.

Do you even run?

delicate flower

All of you make me sooooo glad I am not married.

There are a few happily married folks 'round here.  Quiet minority, I suppose.  Big grin  Wife loaded me up with all sorts of running goodies for the holidays...she stopped just short of winding me up and pushing me out the front door to run.

Kay, sorry you've got to deal with all that crap.  It's frustrating to read.

Beth, happy 51st birthday!!

April, good luck with the January detox!

<3

@runjerseygirl

You and MBC seem very happy.  It's great to see you two communicate here.  Proof that not all hope is lost. Smile

There are a few happily married folks 'round here.  Quiet minority, I suppose.  Big grin  Wife loaded me up with all sorts of running goodies for the holidays...she stopped just short of winding me up and pushing me out the front door to run.

Kay, sorry you've got to deal with all that crap.  It's frustrating to read.

Beth, happy 51st birthday!!

April, good luck with the January detox!

Do you even run?

Docket_Rocket

LOL.  Oh, boy, indeed!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, B.S!

To the vegetarians I just have 1 comment: Please make sure you get enough protein Smile  I imagine you guys do otherwise you wouldn't be able to do all the running you do....but I'm just sayin....I see so many people say "I'm vegetarian" and only eat lettuce  **smackshead**

$.02

Happy Humpday!

Just B.S.

Awwww, LRB how sweet! Thanks everyone! 12 K done in 1:12, good enough for post Christmas overeating

bday run!

Off to see the Hobbit, behave eveyrone!

I was working on it sweetie.....

Docket_Rocket

That's a myth.  We don't need additional protein. There are enough in plants, rice, and quinoa to get as much protein as if you eat meat. I don't even eat salads (I know LRB does not either). :-)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, B.S!

To the vegetarians I just have 1 comment: Please make sure you get enough protein Smile  I imagine you guys do otherwise you wouldn't be able to do all the running you do....but I'm just sayin....I see so many people say "I'm vegetarian" and only eat lettuce  **smackshead**

$.02

Happy Humpday!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

happylily

Happy Birthday, Beth! You bring sunshine to this forum everytime you post! May you have a great day!

Only had time for ten miles this morning and I'm running late now, my DD and her boyfriend will be here soon, we're all leaving together for three days of skiing. When I'm late or forget something, my DD yells at me like she was the mom. I'm scared of her. LOL... Gotta go!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Will run for scenery.

Good Morning Dailies!  Happy Boxing and/or Birthday (your choice)!

I haven't checked conditions outside, but I def feel like running off some of yesterday's excess.

Not a workday for me, but it is a workday for my mechanic.  Yay! Five days since my car died.  Hope it isn't too $$$.

I'm getting excited about next year's running season.  I'm looking at a trail HM in March up in the mountains. As long as it isn't snowy.

No tips for the vegetarians, but if you scroll back a few days you can read my advice to Rick about eating bacon, eggs, cheee and ribeyes to lower cholesterol.  Oops.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!