Beginners and Beyond

It's Back To Work WEDNESDAILIES & I have Just One Question? (Read 332 times)

YAYpril - B-Plus

Mmmmm garlic....haven't been there in a while. I always want to go to Brewworks after Aardvark's group runs but it's always packed.

I went on Sunday. Nomnomnomnom. I also went into Aardvark and said hi to Abby and bought one of those cute little Aardvark plushes.

D, I don't eat bacon anymore. Every Saturday morning when my running group goes to breakfast, my meal almost always includes bacon so I just give it away. I'm the bacon hero.

Will run for scenery.

Ooh... I want a bacon hero !

Well it's sunny out and the streets look pretty clear, so I'm gonna get my sef outta bed and go for 3-4.

Although I've still got half a pie to work through, my weight is sticking to it's downward trend.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Ball of Fury

Afternoon everyone!  Happy Birthday Beth!  

Did a very boring 6 easy miles at the gym...we are in the process of getting around 4 inches of snow but nothing like the blizzard in Indiana!  I alternated the 6 miles between the treadmill and the running track (20 laps=1mile) and averaged 9:50 so nice and easy...did a little core work at the end too.  I am supposed to do easy 8 tomorrow but I don't know if I can stomach that inside so I may push that to Friday...it is supposed to get really cold tonight so I am worried about running outside in the dark with ice.

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

LRB

Did a very boring 6 easy miles at the gym...we are in the process of getting around 4 inches of snow but nothing like the blizzard in Indiana!  I alternated the 6 miles between the treadmill and the running track (20 laps=1mile)

I'm sure I would lose count after 15 laps!  I would just go for time in that case with the way that I am prone to zone out!

LRB

Where's Flip?

It's snowing sideways here!

Zelanie

Went out for 6 and ran 7 instead.  My side felt great and the new Garmin was tons of fun!

LRB

I'm gonna be doing a lot of treadmill running this winter doing the week.  This will actually be my first time running regularly on that thing since I became a runner.

Anyone know how much of an incline I need to mimic outdoor running?

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Afternoon, Dailies!

Drive went well, pretty uneventful. Currently using a "restore point" on my desktop computer - unexplained issue involving static discharge next to the front USB ports - that I've had a time or two since I built the computer 5 years ago. Almost 6 years, I guess. I did upgrade a couple of years ago, but I think it's time to either build a new one or go with a new computer.

Beth, Happy Birthday!

Kay, hope things smooth out a bit there.

April, D, et. al.; can't help with the veggie thing - I'm a meat lover. I'm the kind of guy that would wrap brussels sprouts in bacon because I would like it!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

LRB

I'm a meat lover. I'm the kind of guy that would wrap brussels sprouts in bacon because I would like it!

Or fry them in bacon.  Yummalicious!

Let's face it though, bacon with anything is good!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Too many of you for personals, just saying hello to the Dailies folks. April I LOVE the medal hanger he made you!!!

I got a run in before the snow/ice/rain business started. though I kind of wish I had waited til it started because I got a really nice running waterproof jacket for Christmas for running in the rain and snow I wouldn't have minded breaking in! I did get to take my new Garmin Forerunner 10 (first Garmin!) for a test run though, so that made me happy. I had a very slow 2.24 miles and my calves cramped up boo (used to be more frequent issue but now only occasional....and I can't pinpoint a cause because it never consistently happens under the same conditions ie time of day, distance, pace, nutrition, weather, clothing, ect). Oh well, thankful it only happens once and awhile now instead of almost every run!

Everyone stay safe and dry in the crazy weather so much of the country seems to be getting right now.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

I used to feel the same way.  I stopped eating it one day and never felt I needed to go back.  Seriously.  There was no more meat eater than me.  I ate bacon three times a day.

Afternoon, Dailies!

Drive went well, pretty uneventful. Currently using a "restore point" on my desktop computer - unexplained issue involving static discharge next to the front USB ports - that I've had a time or two since I built the computer 5 years ago. Almost 6 years, I guess. I did upgrade a couple of years ago, but I think it's time to either build a new one or go with a new computer.

Beth, Happy Birthday!

Kay, hope things smooth out a bit there.

April, D, et. al.; can't help with the veggie thing - I'm a meat lover. I'm the kind of guy that would wrap brussels sprouts in bacon because I would like it!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

YAYpril - B-Plus

I'm gonna be doing a lot of treadmill running this winter doing the week.  This will actually be my first time running regularly on that thing since I became a runner.

Anyone know how much of an incline I need to mimic outdoor running?

I always set mine to 1% and it seems to work well. I hear 1-2% is the sweet spot.

fourouta5

Healed Hammy

Heya LRB and the rest of the dailies:

Here is a link to what I found to be and informative article on treadmill and wind resistance.  Take a peek and make your own judgement.

http://www.hillrunner.com/jim2/id110.html

Ball of Fury

LRB:  I have to bring up the stopwatch on my I-phone and hit the lap button every time I go around...and then I sometimes still lose count!  And I have always heard 2-3% mimics outdoor running the most.

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Docket_Rocket

I had to do that yesterday when I forgot my Garmin.  You don't have a Garmin?  If so, just press the lap button after each lap.

LRB:  I have to bring up the stopwatch on my I-phone and hit the lap button every time I go around...and then I sometimes still lose count!  And I have always heard 2-3% mimics outdoor running the most.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page