Beginners and Beyond

It's Back To Work WEDNESDAILIES & I have Just One Question? (Read 332 times)

LRB

Thanks April ,4o5 and Ami!

Ami that's hilarious about forgetting, I have done that too!  It really irks me because I will say whatever lap number I'm on in my head repeatedly as I'm running, yet still sometimes forget!  Like, "Lap 15, lap 15, lap 15, lap 15, lap 15...then outta the blue wait, am I on lap 16 or 17?  It's 16 right?  No, it's 15...arghhh!

B-Plus

Busy here on the dailies. I managed to stay away from the Boxing Day madness today and ran twice instead:

AM - 3.4 @ 9:11

PM - 7.6 @ 8:03

I also surpassed a new monthly mileage PR with that last run.

YAYpril - B-Plus

So, kind of laughable and expected. Hubby brought dinner home. From a BBQ restaurant. He got me chicken, which I said I didn't want and he could have it. He said "what's one more day?"

Sigh.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

4 TM miles done..may do it again if I don't go out later with a friend. It was a full day of presents and eating so I was happy to sneak the miles in. Quality work is going to be tough for a while as we've now had 10 straight hours of snow, amounting to about a foot. I hope everyone is doing well.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

LRB

Congrats on the milestone B-Plus!  Nice run SIAR!

April, did you hear anything that was said to you here today?

Just B.S.

Thanks for the Bday wishes everyone! Had a great day with the family.

Hubby and I got in 7.5 miles this morning. Despite 3F temps, still having a full belly from yesterday,

4 layers of clothes and 450 of elevation climb I still managed 7.5 miles in 1:12 so I was pretty

happy with that.

B-Plus, great job on the monthly mileage PR.

SIAR, something like that is coming our way tomorrow....grrrrr!!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Well, my desktop computer is officially partially hosed - again. Seems that the hard-wired network port isn't working properly. So.....

..... I installed a USB wireless that I had laying around. It'll work with that, or so it seems, but I'm concerned that the future of this computer is limited.  I guess I'll be looking for a new powerhouse soon.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Docket_Rocket

I made the mistake of getting my increased allergy shot today AND doing heavy weights (heavy workouts on those days are not recommended).  By the time I ran, my HR was so high, I could barely shuffle at close to 12mm.  I've never run this slow since July and it was 100F and 90% humidity then.  Bah.

But at least half of my arm is not swollen and red like last time.  Optimism....

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Robert31320

Team TJ

Rest day for me.

All this talk of vegetarianism has me seriously thinking 1-month detox again.  I've done it once and at the end of the month felt really good.  ...and then, BACON....

Running for TJ because he can't.

runmomto3boys

I got in to the PT today.  He thinks that the fibular joint in my knee was stuck - that my pain on the run is purely a joint related matter. He did some manipulation and I could tell there was a lot more play in the joint afterward. He wants me to run tomorrow. If it goes well, great; if not, he will get me in on Friday.

He did check my alignment with a laser. While I am neutral, dynamically I am rolling my knee inward when I squat / run. He has an insole (I think this is what it was called) that I tested that straightened me up and will be a good thing to use to prevent against other issues. Once I used it, I was 100% straight. My left hip was also out of alignment.

It all seems a but voodoo hoodoo to me, but if it resolves the pain, woot!!! He said to do more hip/core stuff too, but that he can tell I have done quite a bit since I saw him in October.

Yay for answers!
                      RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

I love bacon too, Robert. But I rarely buy it because I always want to cook way too much of it in one setting.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Excellent news, RMT3B - Hopefully, you'll have no issues on tomorrow's runs. I hope that just loosening up the joint did the trick.

The body is a tricky machine sometimes. Granted, I'm old, but I've had some weird pains that disappeared after a good night's sleep, a run, a stretch, or a walk. Sometimes unexplainable, but it happens. Of course, the pains start in the same manner at times.

Docket_Rocket

RMTB, good luck with that! i track my knee to the right but it's mainly because my adductors are weak.  Hope you find the right balance.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Sounds like good news, RMTB!  HOORAY run tomorrow!

<3

Zelanie

RMTB- Glad to hear that you're allowed to run on it!  Hope that you are able to continue pain free!