Beginners and Beyond

It's Back To Work WEDNESDAILIES & I have Just One Question? (Read 332 times)

Will run for scenery.

Good News, Heidi.

Sometimes the issue really is something tiny.  I had recurring extreme pain in my calves that nearly ended my running career before it started.  My last desperate attempt was to see a chiro that did Active Release Therapy (fancy trademarked name for pokin' around.) One session and Bam! I was fixed.  He said it was just a nerve/vein bundle that was stuck.

Anyway, good luck with the test run.  We're rootin' for ya!

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

runmomto3boys

Thanks, guys!!!  I appreciate all the kind words.  It has been a rough few days.  I'm happier now - assuming this is the fix.  I'll find out tomorrow night.

RMTB, good luck with that! i track my knee to the right but it's mainly because my adductors are weak.  Hope you find the right balance.

Yes, that is exactly what my PT said.  He said that while he noticed a great improvement in my hip/core strength since I was last in in October, that the root problem is a weak hip issue.  The inserts will help force me to have better form, but what would be ideal would be for me to get strong enough so the issue was self-corrected.  I am doing a TON of hip stuff right now, though - there's not much more I can do on that front for now.  Interesting that you have the same issue, though...I didn't know how common this is.

I just finished weights and forty-five minutes on the ArcTrainer. I needed it because I slept in this morning and kept eating yesterday. Oy.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Glad to see you have a potential solution to your problem, Heidi.  Now a piece of advice, don't try to "kill it" on your test run!

Running for TJ because he can't.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Glad to see you have a potential solution to your problem, Heidi.  Now a piece of advice, don't try to "kill it" on your test run!

+1 - take it easy tomorrow, Hiedi!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

+2. Excellent news, Heidi. May this be resolved soon!

Jeepofspades

I hope nobody seen me run today!

i had a whole new outfit a tight red dry fit shirt, felt like I was putting on Spider-Man's suit. Then semi tight black quick dry pants, nice and warm. I wore shorts over them. Finished with my bright red Lunarglides, they stood out like Superman's boots. if anybody I knew stopped me (not that I would stop) all I would have to do is click may heels three times. Lol

ok at first the shoes really felt good. the support was noticeable and I seemed I was effortlessly moving along. About a mile in, my muscle started stiffening up. Not sure if its from the three days rest or the shoes changing my form. I did stop and walk 20 steps, I could of kept running just was trying figure out the problem.

I ran 4.75 miles @ 8:14 mp easy

do have a slight pain in my left cuboid area. Had it before, and thought it was caused from increasing my miles too quick, or my form. I will work on my form again and try to make these shoes work for me.

Docket_Rocket

I'm just doing inner thigh workout.  I don't think I need any inserts.  Hope they work for you.

Thanks, guys!!!  I appreciate all the kind words.  It has been a rough few days.  I'm happier now - assuming this is the fix.  I'll find out tomorrow night.

Yes, that is exactly what my PT said.  He said that while he noticed a great improvement in my hip/core strength since I was last in in October, that the root problem is a weak hip issue.  The inserts will help force me to have better form, but what would be ideal would be for me to get strong enough so the issue was self-corrected.  I am doing a TON of hip stuff right now, though - there's not much more I can do on that front for now.  Interesting that you have the same issue, though...I didn't know how common this is.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

runmomto3boys

Promise!  I will be *jogging* that bad boy.  I don't even care about the silly race, I just want to get back to my regularly scheduled running at this point.

Docket_Rocket

You better!  They told you I have whips, right?

Promise!  I will be *jogging* that bad boy.  I don't even care about the silly race, I just want to get back to my regularly scheduled running at this point.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Heidi glad you found out what was wrong and didn't end up sidelined!!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to