Beginners and Beyond

We're All Here Cuz He's Not All There SaturDAILIES (Read 69 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Hopefully I'll be going for my 11 miler in a couple of hours, other than my 2 HMs this will be my first time actually running longer than 10 miles.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Ball of Fury

Just a quick update:  46:54 official time!!  PR by 1:48....yay!  Will write a RR later.  We are off to see the new Oz movie with the kiddies!  Have a great day all!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Docket_Rocket

Congrats, AmiK!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Way to go Ami!

Dave

happylily

10 miles last night, including one 1000m 5k interval for Bruce. Big grin Going right now to run 7 recovery miles.

Beautiful sunny day, here. I think I'll go for a slow walk this afternoon. Maybe stop for a fancy coffee at some cafe somewhere... I love weekends.

Have a great one, everyone!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

Ami, I just saw your result! Wow! Awesome speed! Congratulations speedy girl!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.4 for me today.  Happy running everyone  and GL racers

Marjorie

Mmmmm...beer

Gotta love a lil Garth to start the day! Smile

Chores first, then running, but there will be some miles later today, supposed to be pretty nice out.  I think I'll get some more miles in the Fastwitchs, still haven't made up my mind if I want to use them for the half next week.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

outoftheblue

Drinking coffee and getting ready to get up and make some chicken hash and poached eggs for breakfast.  The plan is for 12 miles today and I'm in a bit of a dilemma.  It's a beautiful day and I want to run outside, but my ankle is a bit cranky and I know that running hills tend to make that problem worse.  The flattest route I can possibly do, is still going to be around 1000 feet elevation gain and includes some steep stretches.  Or, I could be safe and boring and run on the dead-flat treadmill.   I need to reassess after coffee.

Ami -- Congrats on a fantastic race today!

Tom and April -- Good luck with your races today!

Life is good.

BruceD555

Bruce, enjoy the recovery miles, and good luck on that forecast changing! I think you'll need to put something more hallucinogenic in your coffee to make that happen. How does 22 on the treadmill sound? (Yes I know: not very good.)

That sounds about as much fun as battlefield surgery during the civil war ... in other words I think I'd die before resorting to it Joking

Docket_Rocket- Be careful ... sounds like a dangerous place to be an ultrarunner ... what kind of sauce do you use when BBQing someone who runs ultras? Sweet or Spicy?

AmiK- Congrats on the PR today!!

HappyLili- WOOHOO ... I can feel the OCD love flowin'. Big grin

Train smart ... race smarter.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Gate River Run 15K....

Garmin says 1:20:57, which would be chip time roughly. Gun time 1:21:49 unofficial.  I'm very happy with that result. About 2 minutes faster than I thought I could run it.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

LRB

One of these days I am going to report how I knocked my tempo run out of the park....welp, today is not that day!

3 miles @ 7:08 w/ a 3:00 recovery

2 miles @ 7:28 w/ a 2:00 recovery

1 mile @ 7:18

I walked my recovery after mile 3, and mile 5, and was actually going to call it a day after mile 5, but found the resolve to go ahead and tough out that one last planned mile.

I obviously ran the first 3 miles too fast, those should have been at somewhere around a 7:18, but I am having a tough time dialing it in on that pace.  I was only able to run it the last mile because I was spent lol!

Training is a learning process so for that, I won't beat myself up too bad.  I got in 8 miles total and aside from the mental ass kickin' this workout gave me, today was a good day!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Just a quick update:  46:54 official time!!  PR by 1:48....yay!  Will write a RR later.  We are off to see the new Oz movie with the kiddies!  Have a great day all!

Sweet stuff!  Congratulations

As for me, I did 22 total this morning.  First, I ran 16 miles with 2 of the girls doing their marathon training at the store at 5:30am (not quite as crazy early as you Step).  Then, we met up with the store for a yoga session that lasted about 45 minutes.  It was the first time I'd tried yoga.  I can definitely see how it'd be beneficial, but I don't know that I have the time or money to spend on it.  After that I ran another faster 6 miles with the store owner.  My feet are now in ice, and I'm trying not to think about how much I hate icing!  Oh, I got a new pair of tights after the run too.  They're next years model, but since they didn't have my size the owner pulled them out and still gave me 40% off.  Sweet!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

LRB...Those are still some pretty darn good intervals.  It's so tough to learn to hit those paces on the first few.  Taking a walk for your recovery period was smart  too since the most important thing is still running the interval at a good clip.  You'll learn to hit them soon.

RunTom...What distance was that for?  Glad you're happy with the result, that's a great feeling.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

delicate flower

Happy Weekend!  Quick drive-by posting here....

Good workout at the gym this morning.  I got there before they opened and was happy they let me in early.  Place was packed by the end of my workout.  30 minutes of upper body weights, 50 leg presses (90 pounds...starting real light), 15 miles on the recumbent bike.  I saw a whole bunch of runners out there today.  Making me jealous!

Gotta go.  Sushi time!  Then more errands and prolly a Starbucks stop. 

<3