Beginners and Beyond

We're All Here Cuz He's Not All There SaturDAILIES (Read 69 times)

Ric-G

amik - congrats on the pr!

siar - nice 22.

LRB - good tempos no matter what

did 17 this AM followed by sledding with the kids.

marathon pr - 3:16

delicate flower

Dailies are now READ.

kristin, I hope you fun on that pub crawl!  Looks like it based on those FB pics.  Smile

Amik, congrats on the big ol' PR!  Between that and the movie, it sounds like a heck of a day.

Tom, great job on the 15K!  Nice work on beating your expectations.  

LRB, that looks like a pretty good run to me.  I know it's frustrating to have to walk some of those recoveries, but like you said, it's a learning process.  I'd rather walk a recovery than fail to finish an interval.

SIAR, 22 miles...nice.  Plus a yoga workout.  That's some good work you put in today.

April, strong race on a tough course!  Great work!  A little speedwork and that PR is history.

Nice runs, walks, rests, and everything else for the rest of the gang!

<3

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Freesoul I love the Blurrs.  I'm on my 4th pair and they work well for me

Marjorie

Just B.S.

It's sunny and in the 50's here in this part of New England, where it seems the sun hasn't shone in months. This California boy is ecstatic!

Dude I'm about 10 hours north of you. It was 32 here today and we were saying how much

it feels like spring!LOL

We are so easy to please temp wise that' it's pathetic.

However I still have 3 foot snowbanks in my yard. So I am reminded constantly that it's still

winter.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Freesoul I love the Blurrs.  I'm on my 4th pair and they work well for me

I can honestly say that I might be buying another pair for races............. I don't ever want to step back into the Ghost 5's or the other Brooks, I went ahead and purchased the Asics Cumulus 14s, hoping they might do well with races or my tempo runs. I think I have been persuaded to the Asics side though.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

7.5 miles @ 7:44/mile done, beautiful day! Ran in my Cortanas today, and decided to stick with the Kinvaras for my half. I like the Fastwitchs, but I'd like to get some more miles and some long runs with them, since I have no idea how they'll feel after 10+ miles. Gonna stick to the basics, nothing new on race day. 

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

mucknort

Dude I'm about 10 hours north of you. It was 32 here today and we were saying how much

it feels like spring!LOL

We are so easy to please temp wise that' it's pathetic.

However I still have 3 foot snowbanks in my yard. So I am reminded constantly that it's still

winter.

Easy to please, Beth? Holy Crap, I spent most of the day outside in a T shirt. And yes, we still have over a foot of snow in the yard here, too.

StepbyStep-SH

Congrats on your races, Ami, Tom & April!

I was almost in the clear for weather this morning - first 9 miles were beautiful: 34* and no wind. Then the wind picked up and sleet started - pelting little tiny ice pellets into my face at 20 mph. Ouch! Luckily, that only lasted for about 15 minutes, then just some light rain for the remainder of my run. I almost kept up with the second-speediest group of ladies for the first 7 miles, averaging my GMP+:15, but there was no way I could do the second loop with them, so while they ran another 7 miles in a little under 60 minutes, I ran 6 miles in just under 60 minutes. :P

13 miles overall at 9:11 average pace.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

FS I've been in Asics for 3 years  I've been pleased.  Wore New balance forever but they changed something in the soles and they started to wear out really fast so I switched.  Tried the Blurrs this fall for the first time and love them so I've been using them.

Marjorie

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yeah, looking forward to this new relationship blooming Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Just B.S.

I can honestly say that I might be buying another pair for races............. I don't ever want to step back into the Ghost 5's or the other Brooks, I went ahead and purchased the Asics Cumulus 14s, hoping they might do well with races or my tempo runs. I think I have been persuaded to the Asics side though.

I've been wearing Asics Gel Cumulus since version 5, maybe earlier I can't quite remember since that's been

quite a few years.

This was last summer's rotation. Since i use 3-4 pairs of the exact same shoe I need to find creative

ways of keeping track of the older ones.

I am nearing my 30th  pair. They are perfect for my feet and I have never had a foot issue since I

started wearing them.  I am currently using several pairs of 13's that I hoarded. I heard that the 14's

are quite a bit different.

I hope not.  I'm not sure what I would do but I know I wouldn't be happy about it.

Happy Spring Ahead Eve, Dailies.

Step - Hardcore!  Runners are not normal, your group run in nasty rain at the crack of "should be asleep" proves it .

Beth - officially a Princess... it's an honor to know royalty.

FLA - have a great day

Bruce - "wintery mix" sounds like it should be tasty.  It is not.  Good luck with the big LR in bad weather

Sparker - garage cleaning season, it is

DaveP - yoga fire

Freesoul - good luck

AmiK - congrats on the PR!

Lily - good plan, those carefree days are the best

Marjorie - nice on the 10.4

D^2 - do you think that those shoes have enough support to crank on 'em for 10+ miles, or are they more 5Kish?

OOTB - hope the ankle behaved for you

Tom - congrats, 2 minutes faster than planned is big

Rick - blazin' fast, nice job

SIAR - awesome job on the 22

Baboon - mmm sushi

Oski - floating on snow, they need to figure that out for vehicles

mucknort - hi

D - 8 new beers, wooohoo!

Ric-G - nice LR

15.6 easy miles, 8:14 pace, completing my first 80+ MPW ever.  Above 35 with sun and no wind was tee shirt weather.   Looking forward to possible 60s tomorrow for the HM.

Anyone know why Heidi hasn't been around lately?  Hope everything is ok.

Just B.S.

Hey! That's exactly what my husband said!LOL

Congrats on your new weekly milestone!! Good luck tomorrow!

Heidi said she was taking a break from the boards and posting mostly on F/B. I miss her too.

One of the sweetest girls I've never met. 

Beth - officially a Princess... it's an honor to know royalty.

15.6 easy miles, 8:14 pace, completing my first 80+ MPW ever.  Above 35 with sun and no wind was tee shirt weather.   Looking forward to possible 60s tomorrow for the HM.

Anyone know why Heidi hasn't been around lately?  Hope everything is ok.

StepbyStep-SH

I thought the 13s were a little narrower through the toebox than the 12s (I think I started with the 9s, maybe?). I have also had several pair of identical shoes - I just label the tongue with a Sharpie.
                              The shoes I've found that rotate in well with the Cumulus have been Saucony ProGrid Rides (a bit cheaper, a bit heavier), Asics Gel Landreth (took a bit of getting used to), and NB 1080s (which I have only bought the v1s, deeply discounted, since they retail around $130).

I've been wearing Asics Gel Cumulus since version 5, maybe earlier I can't quite remember since that's been

quite a few years.

This was last summer's rotation. Since i use 3-4 pairs of the exact same shoe I need to find creative

ways of keeping track of the older ones.

I am nearing my 30th  pair. They are perfect for my feet and I have never had a foot issue since I

started wearing them.  I am currently using several pairs of 13's that I hoarded. I heard that the 14's

are quite a bit different.

I hope not.  I'm not sure what I would do but I know I wouldn't be happy about it.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

tinman11

Gate River Run 15K....

Garmin says 1:20:57, which would be chip time roughly. Gun time 1:21:49 unofficial.  I'm very happy with that result. About 2 minutes faster than I thought I could run it.

Good job Tom.

Plenty of people on the Riverwalk today.  I was dodging walkers, bikers, dogs, and geese from mm 2 to mm 8 and back.

Six weeks until the Chickamauga Chase........hopefully not as hot & humid as last year........