Beginners and Beyond

We're All Here Cuz He's Not All There SaturDAILIES (Read 69 times)

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

I'll see you at the chase, Tinman!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Mmmmm...beer

Shirfan, I think they have enough support for a half marathon, maybe more, and are more responsive than the Kinvaras (lil firmer).  I just don't want the race to be the first time I take them to that distance and have something go wrong.  I have another half scheduled on 4/13, so after the Shamrock, I'll get some more miles on the Fastwitchs and a couple of long runs and see how they do, then use 'em for the Dismal Swamp Stomp.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Just B.S.

I thought the 13s were a little narrower through the toebox than the 12s (I think I started with the 9s, maybe?). I have also had several pair of identical shoes - I just label the tongue with a Sharpie.
        The shoes I've found that rotate in well with the Cumulus have been Saucony ProGrid Rides (a bit cheaper, a bit heavier), Asics Gel Landreth (took a bit of getting used to), and NB 1080s (which I have only bought the v1s, deeply discounted, since they retail around $130).

Thanks Shari! I have tried the Sharpie but it always seems to wear off for me, that's why I use the different

color laces and the ribbons. Plus that way I can see immediately which pair they are in the closet. Maybe I

need a new Sharpie!LOL

I wear a 8.5 D width so since mine are wide anyway I guess I didn't notice a difference in the 13's.

I think my favorite color was the 11's, with the pretty orange accents.

I can't wear NB. My feet just hate them for some reason.

If the 14's feel drastically different to me I will give the ProGrid a try. Hubby switches between Asics and

Saucony but I've never been brave enough to branch out from my beloved Cumulus.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I'm glad runningwarehouse sends a return label just incase, I will try the Cumulus 14s out either during my 7 mile tempo or my Friday easy run and if they give me any trouble at all I'll just ship them back and buy another pair of the Gel-Burrs in a different color Smile . The Pearl Izumis are still on probation but I will know for sure after Monday's run.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)