Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday; glad you could make it (Read 34 times)

LRB

Sup.

I ran 6.

My legs were pretty dead but mentally I was somewhere else so I was indifferent to it.

delicate flower

Hello, friends!  Wife got up at 5:15 to swim and I was going to get up and get my run done, but I whined and cried my way into another 75 minutes of sleep instead.  Will run tonight.

HEY DAVE P AND LAUREN:  How are those Boston acceptance confirmations coming along?  I mean, I know we're not going to get notified yet, but I am just wondering if you got notified yet.

<3

onemile

Warm, humid and foggy this morning.  I got up early to do my workout but I just wasn't up for the misery so I decided to go to the indoor track after work instead.

Oh and it's going to be 67 with a 63 DP at the start of my half marathon on Sunday. I can't wait.

onemile

HEY DAVE P AND LAUREN:  How are those Boston acceptance confirmations coming along?  I mean, I know we're not going to get notified yet, but I am just wondering if you got notified yet.

You didn't get yours yet? Uh oh. 

bluerun

Super B****

15 trainer miles because I thought my ankle wouldn't let me run more than three steps before shattering into a thousand pieces... but then I ran 5.  I don't get it.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

You didn't get yours yet? Uh oh. 

Really. I got my confirmation and they also sent me a free jacket because I'm so good at running.

14 miles starting at ass-o'clock. It was a battle.

Dave

LRB

15 trainer miles because I thought my ankle wouldn't let me run more than three steps before shattering into a thousand pieces... but then I ran 5.  I don't get it.

If it's anything like mine, it's doing it's own thing without rhyme nor reason.

bluerun

Super B****

If it's anything like mine, it's doing it's own thing without rhyme nor reason.

It can do whatever it wants except for break.  (And it hurts in the exact same spot that the other one did last year when it was broken, so it makes sense that I'd freak out.)

chasing the impossible

bluerun

Super B****

Side note: look at my lovely finish line photo from Sunday!  (Or as close to one as I got, anyway.)

Image may contain: 1 person, standing, shoes and outdoor

chasing the impossible

Cyberic

Really. I got my confirmation and they also sent me a free jacket because I'm so good at running.

I got offered a bib for Sunday's half marathon, and I'm not going to take it. Too hot and humid, plus the start would be later as my friend is in a much further starting corral than I'd be in.

I also got offered a free entry to a 10K mid october, to my own name (not someone else's bib). That one is tempting.

onemile

I also got offered a free entry to a 10K mid october, to my own name (not someone else's bib). That one is tempting.

I don't see why it's even a question

onemile

Side note: look at my lovely finish line photo from Sunday!  (Or as close to one as I got, anyway.)

Image may contain: 1 person, standing, shoes and outdoor

Did you color your hair?

bluerun

Super B****

chasing the impossible

bluerun

Super B****

Did you color your hair?

You have very good eyesight if you can tell that.

chasing the impossible

Cyberic

I just answered the guy saying that I'd be more at ease if he charged me for the entry.

The guy quit his job some years ago and lives solely on running. He's an official course measurer, he has a club, does some coaching... the guy is not rich, and that's an understatement. The bib he offered me comes from a batch he got from a local racing circuit because he's a major partner. He worked for those bibs, and he's giving it away to me. I feel bad taking from a guy who probably earns way lkess than me annually.