Beginners and Beyond

ToesDAILIES (Read 38 times)

LRB

Man these things are beat the hell up. Too bad I can't wear open-toed shoes to work.

What's up?

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

Speaking of toes - I lost my first toenail to running.  I pulled it off a few days ago.  Running and training for a marathon with a lot of downhills at speed beat the hell out of my big toenail.  I'm just glad it never really hurt.

I ran 10.2 easy miles with it warm and breezy.  I'm liking the 60s for morning runs.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Back home.

lets see...   lost the entire toe skin (like a cap) on both 2nd and 3rd toes of both feet.   likely all 4 nails too...

Overall Shiiii-tay performance.  But loved the event...

(lost my phone too - not during the race.. yay)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Yay spring and business casual, I'm wearing super comfy Crocs sandals.

Sltmoon, ouch. Please no pictures.

delicate flower

Good morning, my beautiful friends.  As you all know, Thursday means a swim and bike day for me.  2600 yard swim done before work, bike ride planned after work.

Dang, I'd rather lose all my toenails.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Morning all.

There is only one body part I like stiff, and it ain't my freaking knee! In fact I don't even have that body part......

I hate when this happens, but I can never remember that last time it happened. It's always bad in the morning, and I hope this Saturday my MT can help me.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Very nice run/walk this morning.   I thought I did about 3 miles, but when I went back and measured the route I did I found out I had actually done 3.3 miles.  My adductor and piriformis almost behaved themselves normally this morning so it is getting better thankfully.

LRB, I am sitting at my computer with my shoes off and relaxing my feet....ahhhhh.......nice to work at a university, we are much more 'relaxed' than a corporate atmosphere.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Cyberic

SRD

LRB

Back home.

lets see...   lost the entire toe skin (like a cap) on both 2nd and 3rd toes of both feet.   likely all 4 nails too...

Overall Shiiii-tay performance.  But loved the event...

I've been loading up on the Neosporin since I got home. Layering it up on every toe (even in between and underneath FFS) and it seems to be helping.

There will definitely be a nail casualty or two for the first time for me. As such, I'll likely glue them to the back of the medal. Cool

onemile

There will definitely be a nail casualty or two for the first time for me. As such, I'll likely glue them to the back of the medal. Cool

Cyberic

As such, I'll likely glue them to the back of the medal. Cool

Hahahaha!

Half Crazy K 2.0

LRB, yuck. How about just engrave your time and number of toenails lost?

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

LRB: bleh... I lost half a toenail two years ago and it has never looked the same since.

RD for me but I'm going to the gym for some core stuff. Tomorrow is a travel day and then it's time to chill in my rental until race day. I will likely poke about town, eat stuff, do a recovery run and strides, etc...  Just chillin'.  Smile

LRB

Not a fan of mementoes, 'eh? 

LRB

LRB: bleh... I lost half a toenail two years ago and it has never looked the same since.

RD for me but I'm going to the gym for some core stuff. Tomorrow is a travel day and then it's time to chill in my rental until race day. I will likely poke about town, eat stuff, do a recovery run and strides, etc...  Just chillin'.  Smile

Good luck bro. It's taken forever for you to get back to PR form. Those two marathons really put a lickin' on that ass.