Beginners and Beyond

Friday wake up call! (Read 31 times)

delicate flower

Like I said, wake up.  I did a total of 21 miles on the mountain bike yesterday, which is probably the equivalent of 60-70 on the road.  I'm at a mountain bike festival this weekend and a bunch of manufacturers have bikes to demo.  I'll be doing that today.  It'll be interesting to see how much faster a $7000 race bike feels compared to my Old Clunky.

So what's up, Friday People!

<3

No more marathons

Babs - you need to make it down to my part of the country.

Lots of mountain trail biking going on.

My leg feels better (not good, just better) this morning.  I can at least walk normally.

No running today, and probably not this weekend.

This will likely be my lowest weekly miles in two years.  Bleh.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  At the airport heading to Seattle. RD.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

Running and biking are both pretty stupid.

I ran 3.2 then rode 15 min.  There is a slight chance my new bike may be in today.  I'm as excited as a kid on Christmas eve.

Have a kickass day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Like I said, wake up.  I did a total of 21 miles on the mountain bike yesterday, which is probably the equivalent of 60-70 on the road.  I'm at a mountain bike festival this weekend and a bunch of manufacturers have bikes to demo.  I'll be doing that today.  It'll be interesting to see how much faster a $7000 race bike feels compared to my Old Clunky.

So what's up, Friday People!

So freaking jealous.........

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

bluerun

Super B****

I'd prefer to have NOT woken up, actually.  But since I did, I rode 15 miles on the trainer and ran 3.2 mental-health-required miles.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

onemile

I think today is going to be a rest day

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

So my Forerunner 220 will not sync with either computers or my phone, one of the computers is saying it needs to format the watch which would erase everything on it.

My laptop didn't have the Garmin  Express so when I went to install it / download it, that one didn't show up but instead the mobile Garmin thing did 

Can somebody please tell me what is going on, it worked just fine yesterday.

Anyways, I went to the gym this morning and it kind of sucked.

No automatic alt text available.

Then the dogs and I went to the trails for a run, I wanted 5 miles but cut it short to 4.5 because of the demon horseflies.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Cluster fuck of a morning for me today.

I inadvertently initiated the anti theft system on my car while leaving to go run at 6:20 and it wouldn't start. After waiting to see if it would reset on its own, then disconnecting the battery and waiting some more, I was told by the dealer that I would have to have it towed in.

What??

He suggested I try my spare key and miraculously, it worked.

Catastrophe AVOIDED.

It's called a passive anti theft system (PATS) but could easily be called a stupid ass system (SAS). Imagine if I was in some far away town or even just out and about in the city.

Dumb asses.

Anyway, I managed to jog up to the track and back in between waiting and my ankle did NOT like the cambered sidewalks and uneven surfaces. My fragile psyche really didn't need that but oh well.

onemile

Cluster fuck of a morning for me today.

I inadvertently initiated the anti theft system on my car while leaving to go run at 6:20 and it wouldn't start. After waiting to see if it would reset on its own, then disconnecting the battery and waiting some more, I was told by the dealer that I would have to have it towed in.

What??

He suggested I try my spare key and miraculously, it worked.

Catastrophe AVOIDED.

It's called a passive anti theft system (PATS) but could easily be called a stupid ass system (SAS). Imagine if I was in some far away town or even just out and about in the city.

Dumb asses.

Anyway, I managed to jog up to the track and back in between waiting and my ankle did NOT like the cambered sidewalks and uneven surfaces. My fragile psyche really didn't need that but oh well.

I can't believe you still got a run in between all that

LRB

I can't believe you still got a run in between all that

I'm an idiot. 

When my run routine is interrupted, altered or heaven forbid cancelled, I can be a real bitch. So it's in the best interest of all that I get as much of it in as possible. lol

onemile

I am sort of regretting not running this morning but I was feeling so tired last night and this spot on my shin was throbbing, which it tends to do when I make a jump in mileage.  My SRD was actually for tomorrow. But now it's 85 and sunny.

Runshortii

I am sort of regretting not running this morning but I was feeling so tired last night and this spot on my shin was throbbing, which it tends to do when I make a jump in mileage.  My SRD was actually for tomorrow. But now it's 85 and sunny.

When I started my run it was around 70 and overcast, by the time I finished it was 80 and sunny. The first half was nice at least.

I ran 11 and did 45 minutes of bodypump. Long run today, because I'm in my best friend's wedding tomorrow.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

My new bike will be ready to pickup in 90 minutes.  Someone, please, for the love of god! - keep me off Amazon's bike section until then.

Runner with a riding problem.

Long run today, because I'm in my best friend's wedding tomorrow.

Thereby giving you an excuse to eat extra cake.

Dave