Beginners and Beyond

2014 Disney World Marathon RR (With Pics) (More Pics added to first post) (Read 138 times)

Mmmmm...beer

The fact that you run back to back marathons is amazing enough, but to do it with added pain, that's incredible.  Great job!!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

RSX

Congrats D!! Great race report and pictures. I need to go back there.

fourouta5

Healed Hammy

Gratz D on getting some of your mojo back, and more importantly being able to manage the pain and make it an enjoyable experience.

How does this years finisher medal compare to last years?

Good luck on the upcoming surgery.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Third time is a charm for the report!  Nice report and nice photos!  How many marathons is this now for you?  You are always an inspiration!

Nice pants too!  I had a pair like that back in the 60s and 70s in high school, lol, except they were bellbottoms...oh the things we do growing up!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Gratz D on getting some of your mojo back, and more importantly being able to manage the pain and make it an enjoyable experience.

How does this years finisher medal compare to last years?

Good luck on the upcoming surgery.

I think this year's medals are nicer, more solid, instead of having a design.  It's just round and heavy.  The Goofy one was very nice too.

Scotty, 23!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Now I really want to do the Wine and Dine in November.  Thanks, DR.

SheCan

You're always such an inspiration!  Congratulations for pushing through another race.  I can't wait for you to get the surgery either, so you can start doing these races somewhat pain-free.  Nonetheless you look happy and got some great pictures along the way.  Those capris are to die for.  And love the army man.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

You Rang?

Love the outfit, though with that top, it looks like you have a back pack on.  We in the private bar have an expression.  Whenever a client asks me to  do something illegal like lying on a bankruptcy petition or hiding assets from the court (ever seen that?), I've been known to say, "I don't look good in stripes."  You my friend look good in stripes.

I also distinctly remember you saying that I was going to pass you and that I was going to beat you.  How did that work out, there Ms. ultra-marathoner Bad Ass?  You beat me by 15 minutes even with multiple picture stops!

ETA - I love the Ragland Road.  It is my favorite place to eat in WDW.

See ya in August!

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

WOO HOOO!!!

And nice getup! Big grin

PADRunner

Maniac!

GinnyinPA

Congratulations on finishing yet another marathon.  It sounds like you had fun, despite the pain.  Nice outfit!

Ms Chenandler Bong

Love the pics, love the report, love the outfit.  Wish I could have been there with you!!!!   I hope you stick with the .9 mile run, .1 mile plan this weekend!

Marathon and ultra marathon runner.  Sour Patch Kid addict.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Did you mention that you'll be at another marathon this Sunday?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Docket_Rocket

Did you mention that you'll be at another marathon this Sunday?

Yes, and rumor has it I might get to meet you.  Now hubby wants to still come with me which means I might have to cancel the FE dinner. 

But I'm still a maybe!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Bin Running

Great pics. Loved the army man too. Those outfit are so awesome. You rocked the tight!

Hope the surgery come soon and pain free from then. But..... running a marathon or multi in your case can't be much pain free anyway. Tongue

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar